WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #81 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Bellport, New York
“GREAT VACATION”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2011

I don't believe that we were just fortunate that our 4 night stay (5/22 - 5/26) was a great vacation at Grove Isle. I honestly feel that any negatives I could mention in this review were merely things beyond the staff's control.
Everything was as advertised and we had exactly the room that we reserved. The location is great. The staff was friendly and attentive. We did not have any real complaints to test the staff's ability to handle unhappy customers and did not witness any disgruntled guests.
The one problem we did have was that we were not able to receive an internet signal in our room for the last 2 days of our stay. Oddly enough, we could get a signal down at the pool just not in our room. We called the front desk and they said that the internet was working and no one else had complained of this. I do believe that if we had pressed the issue they would have done whatever they could to try to help us with our problem.
The time we were there is their off season and found the hotel very quite and empty. Had the pool all to ourselves most of the time. A short drive away we were able to find all the people, noise, and activity you could want from downtown Miami. Eventhough we were there during two NBA games and there was some light construction it was only 10 - 15 minutes to Downtown or South Beach.

Room Tip: try to get above third floor for unobstructed view
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
groveisle4, Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, June 2, 2011
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear you had a fabulous stay with us! The hotel was almost at full occupancy during your stay and we are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the peaceful, serene atmosphere of our resort. Thank you for the beautiful pictures you added and we hope to see you again soon.

The Grove Isle Hotel and Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Fantasyland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

I stayed 5 days and 4 nites May 18-22, 2011...Beautiful place to stay..can't find nothing bad to say...food was great...Richard at the Tiki Bar was a real treat...all the staff was amazing..the manager was so gracious to us....loved all the personal touches...will definately stay there everytime I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Book early and save. Fourth day stay was free...
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

We value such great feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa! Please do not hesitate to contact us before your next stay as we are always pleased to serve you the best way we can!

London, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2011

Grove Isle is a great place to stay, the hotel grounds are really lovely and attentively looked after and the waterfront location is superb from an early morning jog right through to a relaxing drink by the fire late in the evening.

Pros: Large rooms, nice decor, individuality of the place, food at Gibraltar, security offered by private gated complex, plenty of pool beds available especially in the week, the running track around the island

Cons: Food and drink are a bit pricey (although that could be that my £'s are still worth rather less than they used to be), it's a drive to go anywhere else and cabs aren't always easy to come by

Be aware: The resort facilities are shared with condo residents and the self park (if you want to avoid $25 a day just to park your car) is right at the other end of the island.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank h0d
groveisle4, Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, May 28, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. We agree that going for a morning walk or jog on our pathway that circle's the island is a great way to start the morning. Our fire pit is an extra touch in the evening that look's right out to the ocean and is quite relaxing for anyone to sit back and unwind from their everday lifestyle. We are currently working with some new local transportation companies in the area to ensure a quicker response for our guests. We appreciate your kind words and hope to see you soon!

Miami
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2011

My wife and I are busy bee's. On Saturdays she works and I attend an executive MBA program. It is difficult for us to travel for multiple nights but we live in Miami and I decided to surprise her for our first wedding anniversary with a one night stay, dinner at the Gibraltar (the hotel restaurant), and the cherry on top a romantic spa session.

I checked in on Saturday and the rooms were a bit old but clean and a nice view. The restaurant, Gibraltar was great. The hotel and restaurant knew we were celebrating a special occasion and the host gave us the table alongside the bay. It was a beautiful and amazing view.

The next day I had planned a 1:30pm spa session for us both and reserved the "Watsu" pool for 45 minutes after. They called it the "romance" package and I reserved it a week in advance. When we arrived we were escorted to the relaxation room and left to wait for about 15 minutes. Next we were told by the spa receptionist that we had to choose which one of us two were going to get the massage because they only had one therapist??? I immediately replied it was unacceptable considering I had called a week in advance and I specifically told them it was my first wedding anniversary. She then told me I could always just reschedule. This is my first marriage and I am not that experienced in this field but I do know rescheduling a wedding anniversary is not a good idea or feasible. I then walked out and immediately went to the lobby and asked for the hotel manager. I was expecting a more sensitive, understanding, and helpful individual. Instead I dealt with a manager who told me they had no control over not having sufficient therapist. I was disgusted as there was a lack of compassion and above all a resolution to please a client. What can you expect from a staff that is lead by this type of individual?

Overall I will NEVER go there again. I couldn't believe they ruined my first wedding anniversary. Fortunately, I have a loving wife and she was just pleased with my attempt to make it a memorable time. However I am not pleased with the hotel spa's lack of customer service oriented individuals. Its not like they are charging Motel 6 prices. I wouldn't recommend staying here, but I wouldn't discourage anyone from having dinner at Gibraltar.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank avidales
groveisle4, Manager at Palmeiras Beach Club at Grove Isle, responded to this review, May 24, 2011
Dear guest,

We apologize profusely for your disappointment here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa on your one year anniversary. One of your scheduled therapists was in a slip and fall accident just minutes before your appointment and was rushed to the hospital. Unfortunately your reservation could not be re-scheduled as all other therapists were engaged in services as previously discussed that day. We sincerely apologize that your services were beyond our control and hope that you give us the oppurtunity to show you the type of customer service we strive to offer here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa.

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2011

I made a reservation at this hotel for one night to attend a friend weeding. The customer service is great from the guys at the valet parking to the front desk counter. I was help by an employee by the name of Aura at the front counter she was very pleasant and helpful. Room services were also great. The room air conditioner was a little bit noise but once you fall asleep you will be fine. The waiters at the wedding were so nice and helpful. They should be more careful with the dance floor because it was slippery and I felt no big deal but if an elderly person falls is not going to be funny and the hotel could find them in a big lawsuit. Other than that the brunch was delicious and the service was super good. This is a place I can recommend to all my friends.

1 Thank chichita710
Dear guest,

We are so pleased to hear you had such a wonderful stay with us here at the Grove Isle Hotel and Spa. Thank you for such kind words on our staff, we are delighted to hear feedback such as yours. It let's us know that we are meeting our customer service goals and proud to provide our guests with exceptional service. Hope to see you again soon!

West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2011

My husband and I recently had a long weekend stay - it was our 2nd or 3rd time at the Grove. Perfect spot if you love to play tennis (we don't) and wonderful walking trail around the water/property if you like to walk (we do). We arrived at noon on Friday and our room was ready. The room itself is quite large by hotel standards, and we had a lovely balcony as well. Bar area by the pool, terrific bar inside, very large restaurant and nice fitness room - all of which overlook the water- great views! The location is secluded, so it is nice to have a car - we were minutes away from downtown Coconut Grove and not much further to go to South Beach. Go for the relaxation and beautiful location, enjoy drinks at the bar and take advantage of the firepit / tiki lights at night,
while enjoying the water view. Be sure to go to Bouchon du Grove - a french restaurant in Coconut Grove where the waitors are also french and the food is excellent (we had a french couple dining beside us so you know the place is good). Make reservations.
We plan to return to the Grove Isle next time we are in the area - can't imagine anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank debbieay
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2011

I had a really good time on my trip to Miami, and especially at Grove Isle. It was my first time there and I've traveled all over the US, I can't believe I've been missing out this long. The hotel is on an island and has incredible views, and the staff is incredible too, especially Jose at the front desk. He assisted me in the hotel, gave me tips on where to go and where to eat other than the restaurant on site which is great. I would definitely return to Grove Isle with my wife next time, I think she'd love it just as much as I did. I just hope that Jose is still at the property when I come back, what a big difference a good staff makes! This place is great for people who come to see The Sony Erickson since it's only 10 minutes away. Thanks again, see you guys soon!!

Room Tip: Call directly to the Hotel
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends