“UGH!”
Review of Hotel Chateaubleau

Hotel Chateaubleau
Ranked #96 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is one of those places that United Airlines puts you up in when they screw up your flight. They tell you it's a great place, but it is an absolute hole. Do not stay here. The rooms are dirty, the locks on the doors do not work properly, there are tiles missing from the bathroom, mirrors are broken, lights don't work...and United puts you up there!! And this is after they sell your seats to people on stand-by because your flight (another united flight) gets to the airport late. You'd be better off sleeping in the airport.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank sprucecreekfly
There are newer reviews for Hotel Chateaubleau

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We waited at the curb at the airport for over an hour and made four calls to the hotel asking where they would pick us up. After the final call they finally told us we needed to be up one floor. As if we had ever been here before. So the man did not speak english and was obviously mad. He slammed our luggage into the back of the van and slammed the doors. We finally arrive at the hotel and get checked in. We are hungry and tired at this point. We get our luggage to the elevator and get stuck in it three times having to call the front desk each time to let us out. After standing there and watching staff play on the lobby computer we ask the lady at the front desk how we are going to get all this luggage to the second floor. She looks up and says it will have to be carried. Really?? She does get help from a guy in the kitchen. He is not very big and the luggage surely out weighed him. So the whole time the guy who drove us just walked back and forth and looked at us refusing to offer a hand. Ok so we get the luggage to the room and start to get settled. Ughhhh....dated room, ceiling in bathroom stained and peeling. We are so tired that we just dont care anymore. We decided to check out the attached restaraunt. It was nice. Food was good. Priced rediculously high. It cost around 23 dollars for two shrimp and a piece of chicken cut up and put on a kabob. We head off to bed. The next morning we check out and wait for a ride to go to the cruise port. We settle out by the pool where an old man that appears to be family is smoking. We look at the balconies and it appears that alot of people are living here. The patio furniture was moved to their balconies from the pool. Also overheard a conversation between the lady who worked the night before and the man at the counter in the morning regarding canceling a credit card because a charge was made to it. It appears these folks are not paying their bills and definately dont repair anything in the hotel. This is not the place to stay for a precruise hotel.

Room Tip: Call ahead and read reviews
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank muzicone
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Second time here, everything is kind of OK, I don't understand why so many bad reviews. A few months ago I had trouble with the wifi signal but now, Dec. 2012, it works pretty well and it's strong and takes no password or anything. All in all three stars.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Claudio M
Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed there to take advantage of a fairly economical rate and proximity to a facility I was doing business with. Encountered a school ma'am type who made you feel you were encroaching rather than them swerving you. Elevator archaic and nerve racking, sliding doors in the room hard to budge and pipes don't work too well. The only advantage to the place was its proximity to my business location. Place needs overhauling!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Elgeedee
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was trying to be budget conscious when I was traveling to Miami and decided to take a chance on this hotel. The pictures on the website looked fine and was not expecting too much. First of all the hotel was not in great shape when I arrived, debris around the parking lot and a handful of people sitting outside smoking. My room was not very clean at all; the bathroom sink was broken and put back together by some type of resin. The neighbors next to me were very loud as was the traffic outside my window. I ended up finding out the loud neighbors were crews from the cruise lines coming in. I checked out 2 days early and went to a Courtyard.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Buckeye_Traveler99
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My flight was cancelled and the airport stuff gave me a voucher for this hotel. I stayed at this hotel for 15 min and checked out to stay at another hotel. I did not know that hotels this bad still exist! Nasty! Smelly! Disgusting! The staff at the front desk didnt even bother to ask why i checked out sp fast. He just smiled when i told him that i just checked in a few minutes earlier. I guess they are used to this. DO NOT CHECK IN! The worst nightmare came true.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Alyona S
Reviewed August 2, 2012

My flight from Miami was cancelled as there was a technical fault with the aircraft. I stayed at Chateaubleau Hotel in Miami. On arrival the smell of the hotel was rancid with 8 Mexican looking young men loitering in reception. That was unsettling!!! I was starving and the kitchen was closed. The receptionist was a man of around 80 who seemed grumpy. The room smelt stale and as for the bed!!! I slept on the chair!!!At 2:30am someone was knocking on my door!!! I called Reception who sent someone to check - no feedback. in the morning I went downstairs at 5am as I just wanted to leave. There to greet me was a huge cockaroach!!!!! Was that breakfast??? Oh No!!! The kitchen was closed!!!! Never again!!!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms which are on blind corners and exposed to the isolated land.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Cyrique
CHATEAUBLEAU, Manager at Hotel Chateaubleau, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

We apologize for your bad experience at our hotel. We try to accommodate everyone the best we can. It seems like at the time of your arrival you weren't under the most favorable circumstances. When we receive distressed passengers from airlines we try to do our best under short notice.
Our restaurant is open from 7AM to 11PM although certain times, we keep it open after hours when we are expecting late arrivals. There are plenty of take outs open late near our area and even walking distance.
We have security cameras in our property and we keep only the main lobby entrance open.
We apologize again for your bad experience during your stay; we take these feed backs very seriously and we appreciate your comments.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
Quality Inn South at the Falls
Regency Hotel Miami
Regency Hotel Miami
#38 of 124 in Miami
Extended Stay America - Miami - Coral Gables

Been to Hotel Chateaubleau? Share your experiences!