“Wonderful Argentinian food away from the crowds of Brickell Village”

Novecento - Brickell
Reserve with OpenTable
Novecento - Brickell is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #48 of 4,310 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Argentinean, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 14th Street
Transit: Financial district metro mover - 13th street bus stop
Description: The cuisine at Novecento is a refined co-existence of Argentine, Mediterranean and Pan Latin cuisines heightened by French techniques, this style is perhaps best called NUEVO BISTRO. A comfort food restaurant catering first and foremost to the neighborhood clientele. Excellent food, good value and outstanding service create an atmosphere that is sure to become a regular hang-out. This sibling of the New York's most welcoming meeting point, regardless of final destination is always Novecento. "MEET ME AT 900" Enjoy our Argentinean signature dishes, the typical Empanadas, Provoleta, Sweetbreads with a twist and flavorful grilled steaks. The menu is complimented by a great selection of wines and crafted cocktails. Wood oven fired flat breads and bar bites available.
Reviewed August 29, 2013

My husband and I came to have dinner this past Saturday night and took advantage of the Miami Spice menu. We did not have reservations, but were seated right away (it was around 8:45pm so it really did not start to get crowded until around 9:45).
Our drink orders were taken right away (they have a good wine list); we were brought some bread and given a few minutes to look over the menu.
I ordered the ceviche mixto, the beef tenderloin (lomo), and the white chocolate mousse. My husband ordered the spinach with cheese empanada, ravioli with prosciutto, and the cheesecake.
Everything was delicious!
My tenderloin was especially tender and flavorful and the ravioli was excellent.
My stomach was completely satisfied and yet I didn't feel stuffed either.
We will definitely visit Novecento again.
There is seating by the bar as well as outside, which probably would be very nice when the weather cools down.
The Miami Spice menu definitely makes eating here more affordable.
Also, parking is available around the corner from the restaurant, but you can find some less expensive parking a couple blocks away if you are willing to walk.

1  Thank cmanfra

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

We made a reservation for a Friday night dinner and when we arrived we were seated in less than 5 minutes.
The place was crowded because of the happy hour and live DJ.
We ordered parrilladas as starters and which were pretty good...the downside is that they were smaller than last year. The chorizos tasted like real Argentinean and the empanadas were excellent, similar to Argentinean ones.
Main courses chosen were the tuna steak, which was delicious, the pollo a la parrillada with a side of your choice was good and one of us ordered gnocchi that was a normal size portion and tasted very good.
The Ceasar salad wasn't so good small portion, small chicken strips that I asked to be well grilled and warm, and it was like kind of boiled and cold. The dressing was too spicy and it seemed to be like one of those you buy at the supermarket.
Ice creams were super, I recommend the Dulce de leche and banana split.
All in all, it is a casual spot where you enjoy having a good time, and good food!

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wanna try the real Argentine taste and experience, book a table at Novecento and go for it! don't forget to get a bottle of Malbec. I recommend the milanesas or the entraña! as an Argentinean, I fully endorse this place! great in every sense!

1  Thank Mariano F
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Went to Novecento in Miami for drinks and the bill included the Miami automatic"15% tip" that when calculated was over 30% of the bill. I pointed it out on the receipt and still left over 20% for barely attentive service. Yes, we're talking a dollar or two--but to me it was the principle.

When I got home and reviewed bank records, I noticed they added an additional $4 to my bill.
Above the original 30% tip.

So--if you have nowhere else to go and end up at this TGIF type place, watch your bill.

1  Thank Hye Goes T
Novecento A, Manager at Novecento - Brickell, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. During happy hour, gratuity is calculated on the full price and not the promotional value. We are sorry for the inconvenience that this matter caused you. Please feel free to contact us at 305.403.0900 or via email maria.jacques@novecento.com

Reviewed July 1, 2013

The brunch options were good and we appreciated that the meal came with a free mimosa or bellini. Had the huevos rancheros and loved the sauce. They also have comfy-looking outdoor seating that looks like it would be great to have dinner at.

Been to Novecento - Brickell? Share your experiences!