“Delicious REAL Pizza in Miami”
Review of Mario the Baker - CLOSED

Mario the Baker
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Delivery, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 57th avenue
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Recently discovered Mario the Baker, and since then I am a huge fan. Their pizza is fresh, delicious and a good price. I have ordered from them about 3 times in the past month. I have no complaints and the pizza really is incredibly good. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The pizza had a thick crust, enough cheese, but was too salty. A medium pizza should be enough for two otherwise is too expensive for one.
We also had the tiramisu which was subpar. I could not taste the coffee or the hazelnut liqueur, it was kind of bland.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We eat at Mario's every time we are in the Coral Gables, South Miami area. The small restaurant in a shopping center at the corner of Bird Rd. and Red Rd. would be easily overlooked if locals had not recommended the food. The food is simple, straight-forward Italian cuisine with marvelous flavors and preparation. Probably the best value food in town. My wife always orders veal marsala as she has not found a better source. A simple interior resembling a sports bar (but without the noisy background, belies the good food that rapidly arrives. Good for family dining - just enjoy the dishes that bring back old memories.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Go here every visit to Miami. Staff is wonderful and food is always excellent. I wonder if any bad review was written by someone who eats deep dish pizza?

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I visited the location on 8565 Southwest 24th Street Miami, FL 33155‎ near Walmart. I had never eaten here before & decided to give it a try. The workers are very friendly, sweet, & nice people but I have to be honest. The food was bad & very unappetizing. I had a baked eggplant parmigiana pasta dish. The eggplant looked like it was kept in the freezer for a year. The tomato sauce had no flavor & was watery with very little salt if any. Didn't try the pizza but from the looks of it it's probably okay I guess unless they use the same sauce for it. The food was stomach turning.