2,622 results
All reviewsbayside marketplaceport of miamipre cruisedirectly across the streetbubba gumpshard rock cafecruise terminalthe american airlines arenabiscayne blvdhotel is perfectcab rideshopping and restaurantstwo double bedshotel restaurantstayed one nightsouth beachbay view
Reviewed May 25, 2006

We stayed here for just one night before a cruise and it was top value! It is a perfect location as you have the Bayside Marketplace just across the road and the marina etc. We ate out of the hotel at the Bayside Marketplace, there is a lot of choice of shops, bars, restaurants and a real nice place to go out. The cruise port is approx a 5min drive away in a taxi. The hotel itself was very clean and nice. I would definately stay there again so would reccomend to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2006
32  Thank AnttheCruiser
Reviewed May 15, 2006

We stayed here the night before our Carnival Victory Cruise. I had booked the room about 3 months in advance and got the Sail Away Package. I had requested a room on the highest possible floor and with a view of the Port. I was not disappointed. Our room was on the 8th floor and looked out over the Bayside Market and the Port of Miami.

Our room had 2 double beds, usual table and chair, desk and chair, and coffee pot. There was a large window in which we could watch the people coming and going from the Market as well as watching the ships leave and enter the port. This was the reason I had booked this hotel. I wanted to see the port and to watch when the Victory came in.

Check-in was a breeze and there was a bellhop to help with our luggage. The staff at the front desk were very helpful and provide menus for those restaurants that provided delivery.

There was a business center that offered free internet access, however this did not work the day we checked in. Before checking out, I did step into the business center and was able to check online the status of the ship and departure time due to Hurricane Wilma making it's way to Florida.

Breakfast was great, a wide variety of things to enjoy and the wait staff was very pleasant. Was fun to watch and see all the people who were staying there getting ready to cruise. After we finished with breakfast, the wait staff offered us foam cups to take coffee and juice back with us to the room.

I have read some complaints about noise, but did not hear any. Our room was located near the end of the hall so that may have been the reason. The only noise to speak of was the firework show that happened Saturday night about 9:30. This did not bother us and we actually enjoyed it. There was a RCCL ship in port that was getting ready to set sail so it seemed like a great send off for them.

As, I said, the reason for booking this hotel was to watch the ships come in. About 3am I woke up and decided to take a peak out the window, sure enough, the Carnival Valor was arriving. Talk about fun to watch as it made it's way in to the harbor and turned around before docking. I got up several times and was able to see the Carnival Victory as well as RCCL ship arrive.

Check-out was again a breeze with several cabs waiting at the front door. We checked-out about 9am as we like to be to the port early.

This hotel is not a newer hotel and there are signs of wear, but it is in good shape and was clean. I did not smell any weird smells, nor saw any bugs and I am one to take notice of such things. If you are looking to stay several days in Miami then this hotel may not be for you as there is not much other then the Market around to do, however, for a pre or post cruise hotel, it is a perfect location.

• Stayed: October 2005
49  Thank canner
Reviewed May 2, 2006

If you are going on a cruise and plan to arrive in Miami the day before your cruise this hotel is an excellent choice. If you are going to stay more than one or two nights choose another hotel.

The positives to this hotel is that it is incredibly close to the cruise terminal and is right across the street from Bayside market which is a fantastic place to spend a day. We found the room to be very clean and the king sized bed was very comfortable.

The downsides are that other than Bayside market there is nothing else around to visit and the downtown area is not all that nice to walk around. The doors in the rooms have automated closing devices and the doors slam shut which is very loud.

All in all not a great hotel but its location is just too good to pass on.

• Stayed: April 2006
37  Thank Tim-N-Sue
Reviewed March 6, 2006

My Mom and I stayed here before a cruise in Jan. 06. Maybe we were just there at a bad time. One of only two elevators was working, which was difficult when everyone was trying to get out of their rooms and down to the first floor at the same time. Had we not been in a hurry that morning, it wouldn't have been that big of a deal. We ended up walking our luggage down six flights of stairs. The breakfast (and service at breakfast)was terrible and expensive. Either they don't have heat or the heat didn't work. I know that usually you don't need heat in Miami, but that night it would have been nice. Again, I'm sure we were just there at a bad time. It was in a nice location for us since we didn't have a car. It's right across from the Marketplace with shops and restaurants so that was great!

• Stayed: January 2006
26  Thank Companion31812
Reviewed February 10, 2006

This January 2006 my husband and I got married on a cruise and stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami with our 50 guests the night before. The hotel staff was efficient with check in and check-out, and went out of their way to help us with special accomodations at the last minute. The hotel even posted our wedding on their bulletin board in the lobby. The rooms were clean and the concierge was helpful. The Bayside Marketplace offers a variety of shops and restuarants, though the hotel does have its own restaurant. Our party did eat breakfast at the hotel. It was just "okay" and the price was a bit high for the selection offered at the buffet. It was very comfortable and convenient though. Overall, our entire group's experience was amazing and we would definitely stay at this hotel again. It is perfect if you are going on a cruise, however be mindful that the hotel does not provide shuttle service to and from the airport or the port for cruises. Still it is only a few minutes and dollars away by taxi.

• Stayed: January 2006