here for one night, pre-cruise. good location to port if you are not worried about having to stay in south beach. right across from Bayside Marketplace and very near to old downtown. a CVS is 2 blocks south. the guest relations people are nice and helpful. the room has been updated and comfortable but the bathroom walls and door show the age of the buidling despite the remodel of the bathroom. internet works fine but we did need a password even though they claim you don't. we were in room 500, facing the back. the good thing is that the room is not adjacent to other rooms; the bad is that during the day, because it is between the staircase and a housekeeping room is there will be noise at the (necessary) housekeeping staff goes about their business and uses the stairs. a BIG wishlist for this hotel and other hotels is to install slow-closing room doors that are softer to close because no one enjoys hearing doors slam closed (and most people do not attempt to slow down the door themselves). many cruisers i ran into repeatedly stay here and i would too. if i were in miami for two or more nights i would consider staying in south beach. overall HIPOM is a good value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn