“sewing help” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 120 Hotels in Miami
washington
“sewing help”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

On 26 Feb 2014 my wife and I stayed at this hotel for a three day pre-cruise sight-seeing trip. One night we were headed out to a late dinner, my wife noticed some of the stitching had come undone on her dress. She went down to the front desk and to spoke Chris regarding a sewing kit or safety pin. Chris was kind enough to search several desks and located a safety pin, which saved the night and the dress.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rconnor9331
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear rconnor9331,

Thank you so much for letting us know that Chris was able to help out during your stay with us! I am glad that it helped to save the night. We appreciate you staying with us and I can assure you our staff is eager to make your stay enjoyable. Please come back to visit us again on your next trip to Miami.

Donna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here late Feb 2014 before a cruise. Location is perfect. $12 for cab to the terminal. I saw people walking to cruise terminal but I would never do it. I was in room 411 which is a corner room with great views of Bayside. I was very surprised by the size of the suite and updated decorations. The front desk staff were not engaging or very helpful but I know how to flag a cab. For $200 /night it exceeded my expectations. Would have been nice to have fresh coffee in the lobby in the morning.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dm7958
Dear Dm7958,

Thank you so much for your feedback about your stay with us! I am happy you enjoyed our great location near the Port of Miami and all the attractions close by. Great to hear you enjoyed the view and hotel. I do appreciate your comments as we value those in making improvements in our service. Please come back and visit us again.

Myakka City, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

The location here is great. Close to cruise ships, food and shopping. The Valet and Bellhop were very very nice. The rest of the hotel staff I could have done with out! Not accommodating at all!! Stuck up. We were with a group, mentioned as such when making reservation. Were charged the higher price and when we told them we were with the group they still didn't give the discount. I've gotten better service at Holiday Inn's paying a quarter of the price then this location. The rooms are average, at best. Next visit to Miami, we will be staying else where.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
1 Thank R_W000
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear R_W000,

I am very sorry you had a problem with your reservation and in getting the rate you thought you should have gotten. I am not sure why but if you want to contact me you are welcome to. I would be happy to check for you. Please accept my sincere apology for that. I am glad you enjoyed the location near the Port, food and shopping. I wish we could resolve so you would give us another chance to show we do care.

Atlantic Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

I dont understand why people criticised badly, I think this hotel is great, right across the port, and the bayside mall. Bus stop infront of it, great view of the city from the room, high speed and FREE internet from YOUR ROOM, friendly staff... definitely would come back and stay again!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
2 Thank Nathalie A
Dear Nathalie,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your great comments! I am glad you loved the location, great view from the hotel, and our friendly staff. We are lucky to have such a great location near so much. I do hope you will come back and visit us again soon.

Lakehurst, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

This place offers Average hotel accommodations. They have a pool but it's quite small. The bar/restaurant was pretty decent. We only ate breakfast there and had drinks one night. Public transport is close by as is a shopping area with several eating options.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank the-way-2-go
Donna A, General Manager at Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear the-way-2-go,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback about your stay with us! I am glad to hear you enjoyed the restaurant/bar, the great free local transportation and all that is in the area around the hotel. I do appreciate your comments as we are always working on improving.

Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

Overpriced. Can't open the toilet door without lifting the toilet seat....so noisy you can hear everything in the hall
Outside. No soundproofing...if you are looking for comments before you book please read the other real comments not ones put in by management and false comments. I wish this was my choice not one that was booked for me.....awful!! I wont even mention the elevators

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Clivenm
Dear Clivenm,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay with us! I am very sorry you were not satisfied with anything in the hotel. We do work hard to insure our guests are taken care of and are happy here. I apologize we did not offer you the same experience.

Grayslake, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

The front desk, bell hops and restaurant staff were the best, very helpful ... just across the street from all the cruise ships, elevators need to be updated, not effort and very slow ( they appear to be working on them) ... room ok

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Joseph D
Dear Joseph D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us feedback! I am happy you enjoyed our great staff and the wonderful location near the Port of Miami. I appreciate your patience regarding the elevators, and we are in process of upgrading all of them. We will complete this in a couple of months, and will have all new high speed elevators. Please come back and visit us on your next trip to South Florida.