Everything you want for a one night stay prior to a cruise. It is a $7 cab ride to the ship from the hotel. The Bayside Market is across the road. Here you can brouse, have a meal and look out over the bay. There is a CVS and a liquor store within three blocks so you can stock up for the cruise. The beds are comfortable, the price is great and the staff are friendly.
Now for the downside. Do not go there if you are allergic to mould. There is a weird smell when you enter the lobby which gives the impression of an old stale building. And that is exactly what you get. The hotel needs a complete renovation as others have indicated. I still may stay there next time for all of the other reasons I stated. Also there is a McDonalds within three blocks so go there for breakfast.
Just a warning if you are new to Miami. The cab drivers love to rip off tourists who do not know there way around. For example if you are going to the port or Hotel near there from the airport they love to take you north to the Airport Expressway then down 95 instead of going south to 836 to 95. This doubles the fare. Make sure to ask the driver if he has a transponder so he can use 836. Also have small bills since they never have anything less than a $20.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn