My family of 5 stayed here on August 2 before our cruise. The room was fine, can't say that it was spectacular. It certainly suited our purposes, however, would not want to stay here longer than one, two days max. It is an older hotel, that has had some renovations. I appreciated the white bed linens (kind of hard to hide dirt that way). My 15 yr old slept on the sofa bed and said it was very uncomfortable. I would have guessed that from the sagging cushions. The furniture looked a little worn, but we appreciated the free WiFi. There was a CVS within 2 blocks walking, which was very convenient. We also went to Bayside Marketplace during the day for lunch. We caught a cab for the Marlins game (cost there $15, back $20), and to the Port of Miami to our cruise (cost $15 with tip). We also had breakfast at the hotel in the morning. My 12 year old ate the buffet for free. There were 5 of us and they automatically tacked on a 15% gratuity. I don't mind tipping, but 15% for a buffet? The employees were very nice, and housekeeping did come and check to make sure we had everything we needed. As I said, okay for a short overnight, and the price seemed reasonable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn