Thankfully, my husband read more about the hotel parking than I did. We missed our turn to get to the parking lot which is located behind the hotel but we got around to where we needed to be. The Holiday Inn Express at the Port of Miami has 200 rooms and parking for approximately 50 vehicles. We got a parking place and decided we would not move the car until we were leaving to go to the ship. Since the parking is in the rear of the hotel, you go through the pool area to get to the lobby. Thankfully there are signs to get you where you need to go.
As I walked into the lobby of the Holiday Inn at the Port of Miami, I was impressed. It was nicely decorated and spacious. (There was a note in the brochure given to us about the hotel that indicated that they are in the last phase of an extensive renovation). Cool without being cold in temperature. The gentleman who checked us in, Montana, was very personable and helpful. Do not know if he really gave us the best room they had but he sold me on it. Did receive some perks as a priority club member (no charge for parking) but not what I normally get (bottle of water and a snack). However I will take the free parking (charge is $12 a day). I can buy my own water and snack. There is a CVS approximately 1.5 blocks south on the same side of the road as the hotel. Montana made sure to provide me with info on the hotel including the restaurant (no complimentary breakfast like many HI), pool hours, wifi info, elevator location and a brochure on the Bayside Marketplace which is located across the street from the hotel. There are 3 elevators for 10 floors. One was working and honestly, it was a little bit of a bumpy ride. The other elevators were working by the next evening and a much smoother ride. We arrived at our floor and went into our room. If Montana is right and we have the best room available, then he did not lie. 10th floor facing east towards the Bayside Marketplace and the Port of Miami. Very roomy. I did think the mattress had seen better days. I sat down then laid down on the king sized bed and proceeded to automatically roll into the bed. Weeeeeeeeeee! Lol! May need to update the mattresses.
We decided to walk over to the marketplace, eat and get some exercise after traveling all day. Enjoyed what they had to offer but we were very tired and decided to go back to the hotel to call it a night. Bed slept ok (weeeeee) and not much noise that we could hear. Of course that may have been because we were so tired. Not sure. Will stay here again and suggest others stay here especially if you are going on a cruise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn