I chose this HI, because we wanted to visit Miami, whilst we were on our Florida Holiday, and could do so by using some of my Priority Points and not incur any additional hotel costs.
We got this hotel for 35000 Points per night (About $125). This would have been a brilliant Hotel review if it was not for the following.
My problems with this hotel are as follows.
Parking is $12 a day and not guaranteed, even if you have paid for the duration of stay.
The bathroom in our room had not been cleaned properly, hairs from a previous occupant on the Walls of the shower. I accept mistakes can happen, but when I raise the issue, I then expect it to be dealt with, quickly and correctly. I informed the hotel as soon as we noticed them, and instead of cleaning the walls of the shower, they cleaned the Drain (I never mentioned Drain).
I then complained again, whilst they apologised, and did attempt to clean the shower walls, but this time only managed to remove a quarter of the hairs that had been left.
This issue was only resolved after Housekeeping had been for a third time when they made up our room on the second Morning of our stay.
I was not after any free food, compensation, all i wanted was a clean bathroom, but the hotel seemed to be about was offering a free meal, rather than resolving the issue.
Not happy with the way the hotel handled the issue, I complained to Holiday Inn its self who promise a response within 5 days.
A week later I have not had a response.
This hotel did have some very good points, such as the location, the Bar and Grill (Which was brilliant I might add with lovely food), but I felt seriously let down, that the hotel could not handle what was a minor issue, and simple to resolve.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn