We made our booking last autumn well in advance of our stay so as to get a good rate (if you are of a certain age check out the Holiday Inn website and take advantage of their senior citizens rates) and where a little concerned at some of the reviews on Trip Advisor however everything went fine for us.
We where only staying one night on a whistle stop tour of Miami and arrived at 9am so that we could do the all day bus tour and thought that we would have problems parking as we had read that the hotel car park is very small, however no problem the car park attendant was very helpful and double parked another car to give us a space, we then left our luggage with the concierge and were off.
All the hotel staff that we dealt with where very polite and helpful and we had a great view of the port from our room 804 (the only downside was that this room was just across from the elevator so was a bit noisy).
Yes this hotel is showing signs of age but understand that it is being updated and the location so close to everything makes it the ideal stop over we will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Hotwire, Groupon, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn