We chose this hotel due to its location. We arrived on Saturday for a cruise going out on Sunday. The hotel is directly across the street from Bayside Marketplace. Very convenient and easy to walk to. The front desk staff was very welcoming. The taxi over to the port was $10 Great and convenient. The breakfast the next day was fairly good and our server was pleasant. Worth the $20. Now for the downside...our room. Evidently some of the rooms have been renovated and some not. Ours clearly was a not! The square footage was rather small; not the usual average size. All that fit was the king size bed, a small comfort chair that was so old I didnt want to go near it, and a small table with one chair that looked like it had been removed from a banquet room. Their was a small flat TV on a small dresser. The bathroom was so small that you could hardly manouver in it (and I am a small person!). Their was not shelving in the bathroom at all. I put my toiletries on the table in the room. We had friends that had stayed at this hotel also and they were very pleased with their room and said it was actually quite lovely. Either we clearly have different standards, or their are two different level of rooms within this hotel. I would never stay here again due to the price paid for the room that we were given. Next cruise we will definately stay in Dania Beach again for a lot less money and take a shuttle down to the port.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, HotelPower, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn