This was our third stay at the Port of Miami Holiday Inn. This place is our #1 favorite pre-cruise place to stay. I loved the newly remodeled lobby: bright and airy, with lots of comfortable seating. The room was spacious and comfortable. There were some scuffs on the wall in the room, but other than that it was very clean. We had a beautiful view of Bayside, AA Arena, and Biscayne Blvd. lit up at night. My kids loved watching the cruise ships from our room window. Taxi to south beach is about $25 each way.
TIP: get a room on a high floor on the north end of the building for the best views.
The location across from Bayside is our favorite perk. Shopping and great food right across the street. There is a CVS store one block away to the south. Keep walking south another couple blocks there is a 7-11 minimart. There is a trolly stop near the front of the hotel. The free trolly runs Mon-Sat every 20 minutes, or so. It takes you in a loop around downtown. Terrific free sight seeing and the driver was very friendly.
TIP: Take the trolly to Mary Brickel Village for more shopping and dining
The front desk staff and the outside bell staff are to be commended -- very friendly and helpful.
The only downers: The onsite restaurant food and staff; the small, cold pool, no hot tub
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn