We selected this hotel for two nights based solely on location and pricing prior to going on a cruise. We read the reviews prior to booking, and noted the shortcomings. The lobby and reception were very upscale having been recently modified. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. The room was very clean, but is in bad need of maintenance or renovating. Unfortunately, there was a convention in town and the hotel was booked solid. This brought to our attention the lack of soundproofing. Although there was information provided that outside noise could be a concern, it was not evident on our stay, but the inside noise level was high. The walls were very thin and we could hear people talking normally in the next rooms. Hallway noise was a problem that the staff could have controlled at night by a couple of patrols.
It was disappointing that there was no free breakfast provided as this is becoming common practice across the industry. The dining area was well-laid out with a good buffet and menu service. We ate there twice for breakfast. The first time, the staff was not the friendliest, however the second day was completely the opposite although the staff was the same. Maybe they were happier because the convention people were thinning out.
The plus for this hotel is its proximity to the cruise terminal. the American Airlines Arena and the Bayside Marketplace. Thus there are lots of activities in the area with numerous dining selections.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn