This is the second time that we've stayed at the Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown. We chose it for the price and location near the port for the cruise that we were taking. We went the day before to avoid problems with air travel from the north and possibly missing our cruise.
The hotel itself is older, but we were looking for a clean, safe hotel not far from the port. While it was clean, safe and not far from the port, we got even more than that.
Our room faced Biscayne Boulevard with very large windows. On the morning of our cruise, we actually could see our ship pulling in from our window. It was an awesome experience.
The buffet breakfast at the hotel was great and you could order from the regular menu also.
The hotel is across the street from Bayside Marketplace. I LOVE THIS PLACE. It's really a mall on the water. There's entertainment and dancing. Our favorite band there was Brazilian Explosion. It was a wonderful,inexpensive way to spend time in Miami. It was also a very good way to kick off a week of fun!
The hotel is also across the street from American Airlines Arena and there was a Miami Heat Basketball game when we were there, but we didn't go.
We walked to church from the hotel Sunday morning. My daughter was a little uncomfortable walking where we walked (backstreets of the city) because she didn't feel as safe as she would have liked. However, we didn't experience anything that isn't felt in any big city.
There were many languages heard. Spanish, of course, the most prevalent.
We would recommend this hotel to Miami Cruise travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of downtown Miami, across from Bayside Marketplace, with over 96 specialty stores and 14 renowned restaurants. Overlooking Miami's Biscayne Bay, the Holiday Inn is just minutes away from the Port of Miami, American Airlines Arena, and the Performing Arts Center. Business guests will appreciate our proximity to Miami's government centers, financial district, banks, accounting and import/export firms. Our entire staff takes pride in providing a friendly and pleasant environment. We would like the opportunity to host your next visit to Miami!Great News! Our new Restaurant Grill is now open. Featuring an American-Italian continental cuisine with an interactive Sport Lounge; also completed is the replacement of guestroom’s window. - The transformations is fantastic with noise reduction, storm resistant glass and phenomenal views of the port of Miami can now be enjoy from all rooms facing bayside. Phase II of our property improvement begins on September 1 through November 15, 2011 and it consists on the renovation of the first floor commercial area, includes new floors, ceilings, registration desk and lobby and the front doors. You are going to love the end result… ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Of Miami Downtown Hotel Miami
- Holiday Inn Port Miami Downtown
- Holiday Inn Miami
- Miami Holiday Inn