“Good for a night or two”

Holiday Inn Port of Miami Downtown
Ranked #55 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 26, 2011

Holiday Inn Port of Miami have a good location in downtown of Miami. As tourist, you would perhaps prefer to stay at South Beach, but this location is the best for the downtown hotels next to the port and Bayside Markets with shops and restaurants, as well as close to all major office and buildings in downtown of Miami.

Rooms was fresh and up-to-date with comfortable beds and linen. There is space for improvements with the maintenance of the wardrobe (a mess of cables in there), but nothing that brooding. At all floors there are ice and wending machines and breakfast was very popular and a little bit of waiting time so we decided to have breakfast at McDonalds around the corner. The front desk and bell stand gaves a confused impression, but wasn't in the reality.

We visit the hotel during the spring break period so it was crowdy and sometimes lively in the corridors that affected our sleep, but nothing really that the hotel could make so much more to prevent than they did. I would stay here again for a night or two!

1  Thank KamiltonTraveller

Reviewed March 24, 2011

HOLIDAY INN: " UNFORGETTABLE TREATMENT AND STAY.
Date: 23rd September 2010.

We booked this hotel since we were taking the cruise to the Western Carribean on Board the Liberty of the Seas. We did not bother much checking their reviews as I am a member of their chain and it really stands out in location and service. The Holiday inn in the USA is not a five star resort as much it is in India but still it stands out as a FIVE STAR Hotel in terms of service, location and rooms wich was impeccable. Price wise we had got an excellent deal so we stayed for three nights instead of one night. But it was real value for money and we are looking forward to staying there again this summer end !!!.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2011

As opposed to the Royal Palm where we spent 4 nights prior to our cruise, this hotel was very clean and the room was in good shape. Good location opposite Bayside Marketplace. Great service at reception desk, and they stored our luggage from check-out until our departure in the afternoon. We also had a nice dinner at the restaurant. The only drawback was some noise from a large fan on the roof of a building below our window.

Reviewed March 18, 2011

We stopped here for 2 nights before getting on a cruise ship for christmas. The hotel is opposite the bayside market including The Hard Rock and other restaurants and shops and 1 block down is a CVS Pharmacy and McDonalds is behind the hotel. The room was large with lots of closet space but the bathroom door would not shut and I was sharing with my teenage son and his step dad to be (got married on the ship) a little privacy would have been good for all of us but they couldn't fix it as the door had warped.
We had a 6ft bed and my son a double sofa bed - all were very comfortable and it had a coffee machine with starbucks coffee.
We had the buffet breakfast but if you wanted anything off the menu, which my husband did, they ignored you and it was far too much trouble to have to get something for you, even though a room of 25 tables had 6 staff on. Security had to tell the limo outside having its own disco to turn the music off at 4am. Overall it was a great location and comfortable, we felt safe, temperature was good and it was clean. The only real issue was the length of time to get a lift with cases in a morning - be prepared to get them down early to avoid a 30 minute wait at the lift doors.
We would stay here again for comfort and the location even though the service isn't fantastic but the price was good.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 10, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night before our cruise since it was so close to the port. The location of the hotel is great! Across the street is the Bayside Market place where there is a lot of shopping, restaurants, and a live band playing. The Market place is located right along the beach so a lot of the restaurants have outdoor seating which is nice on a 70 degree evening.
That being said, the only time I would stay here is for one night. The check-in was smooth and the staff were friendly. You can tell that the hotel is older, but has been remodeled. We had to take the elevators to the top floor where our room was, and I was never more scared in my life! The elevators would shake as you were going up!
Once we got inside our room, there was an odor of musty basement, bad feet, and fart! Thank goodness for the Bath and Body works at the Market place so we could purchase some air freshener. After that it wasn't that bad, I guess once the air freshener wears off you get used to the smell.
There was a small fridge in the room, but there was spilled something inside of it. The bathroom was clean, and the bedding appeared to be clean as well. I did not notice anything foreign that should not have been there.
The view from our room was great, it overlooked the Market place and the the ocean.
I can't say strongly enough that other than going to the marketplace, I would not venture around too much. At night my husband and I went for a walk down the street to check out what else might have been around. We were met by several homeless people begging for money and digging through garbage cans. I did not feel safe as this road is not heavily traveled at night and there are not other people out walking around either.
I recommend eating at the Marketplace across the street. The prices at the hotel restaurant are expensive.
All in all it was a good stay for the price we payed. I would stay here again if I were to go on another cruise. I would just pack air freshener and request a room on the 2nd floor :)

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2011

Traveled for a quick trip to Miami, The hotel was in a perfect location at the heart of the arena and waterfront park area. Our view was amazing. Hotel room was clean and standard holiday inn quality, good. Parking is tricky, on the side, but the attendant/security was amazing, well worth the extra parking cost for the added security. The front desk staff had me checked in and checked out extremely fast. All in all I could not have asked for a better stay. Lots of things to do nearby, wish I had more time. Thanks to the managment and staff.

Reviewed March 7, 2011

Staff at hotel was good, location was perfect for precruisers. Rooms were clean but kind of small. Pool area was nice but very loud construction behind pool area was annoying. All in all, I would return here if I was cruising again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends