“Very good but not great”

Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar
Ranked #188 of 4,266 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 27, 2014

We went there without a reservation and upon entry we were barely greeted and asked gruffly if we had a reservation. It appeared that there was no hostess and one of the servers sat us. The place was empty at the time other than a group of people at a booth. We had our kids with us. The waitress was really sweet but had to keep looking at her book to describe the specials to us and other tables as other diners came in. We were not told that they could do kids portions until we started to tell our waitress that we were going to split one of the adult meals for the kids. I had the brown sugar crusted salmon. It came with a little spinach and potatoes in a sauce. It was good but a little too much sauce. My husband had the steak with Gorgonzola cheese and truffled mashed potatoes. It was an aged beef. For some reason the beef itself had a sour taste. Not sure if it was the aging or type of beef. The mashed potatoes had too much truffle oil. The kids had the steak and fries. There meal was tasty and reasonably priced. We had the ice cream sundae for dessert. It took a long time to come. Not sure why. It was a ton of ice cream and not much in the toppings. While waiting, another couple come into the restaurant and were immediately bombarded with the question if they had a reservation. I can get that this is a small restaurant and most of the time reservations are required but a little more in the hospitality department would help. They also only serve beer and wine. The busboy cleared the table and refilled glasses quickly. I was going to give 3 1/2 stars but there is no rating for that.

There are newer reviews for Chef Adrianne's Vineyard Restaurant and Wine Bar

Reviewed August 15, 2014

Came here forMiami Spice menu. The appetizers of pork and chicken pops were tasty. The salmon was as good as always. The filet has two shrimp accompanying it. Dessert is a chocolate bread pudding. Service is good. A great value for the price.

1  Thank acielesz
Reviewed August 14, 2014

For the "fine dining" theme this place is going for and the ambience, there are a few key incidents that clouded my judgement while dining here.

As a single diner, I am amazed at how empty it was, perhaps 2 tables of 2 besides me dining. I had to wait nearly 20 minutes before my server approached me and asked me about drinks. An awfully long and unacceptable wait time just to be greeted. Already left me to a bad start. Additionally, no one seems to know very much about the wines on the list, and there are no vintages. I do love the California wine only theme but atleast include vintages and display the wine bottle to the guest. Pouring out of a carafe isn't very descriptive of the wine or fine dining at all.

I can't blame anyone else of the service staff except for the server who decided to ignore my table for 20 minutes. She did seem very friendly and the busboy also was on point with clearing and marking the table. But the wait I had just to be approached was very off.

Other than that, the food is consistently amazing and Adrienne really knows to design a great dinner menu and use great flavor combinations. It's a shame your service staff and wine service is lackluster, but I will be back just because it is one of the only good restaurants in Kendall.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

OMG, my family just went to eat at Chef Adrianne's and I was quite impressed. And, coming from New Orleans, that's something. Ambiance is amazing, waiters are hip and on the ball and don't miss a thing. And, the food is out of this world. I had the snapper and it was fresh and spicy and everything you would want it to be. The price, amazingly for such a magnificent feast was not that high, it was very reasonable considering that we were waited on hand and foot. And, since I said I was from New Orleans and that I was impressed, the Chef came out to the table. If you go to Miami, don't miss this little hidden away gem, you won't forget it and your stomach will be thanking you for days. Kudos to this wonderful female Chef, bon appetit!

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Have the worst luck into this place , last 3 times , meals have come over cooked,, last week , Lamb chops ordered Medium Rare and TWICE came OVER 3/4... either they don't care or understand what the client wants... its a shame...

2  Thank J G