“Nice view of the Bay”

Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Casablanca Seafood Bar & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #161 of 4,369 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed October 18, 2013

My friend and I had lunch here recently prior to a cruise out of the Port of Miami. Service was terribly slow even though there was only one other couple seated when we arrived. We were given a menu to order food from but it was 20 minutes before a server took our order and another 25 minutes for our food to arrive, even though I asked a couple of times and was told the food was coming in 5 minutes. I ordered a crab cake and a tray of oysters on the half shell. The oysters were presented nicely and tasted fine but the crab cake was a disgusting tasteless lump of mush which fell apart. I ended up leaving half of it and left the restaurant hungry. Did not bother with dessert. I did notice a couple who arrived after us, were served their meal before us. They spoke Spanish to the waitress so perhaps this was the reason. She was very chatty with them and basically ignored us. When the bill arrived I told my friend I would pay the bill but was not leaving a tip, but she very generously took the bill and paid it and left a substantial undeserved tip. Would never visit this establishment again nor recommend it to anyone.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

I loved this restaurant the first time, but less and less each time after. Last night was the last straw and the last time I will ever set foot in this place. They changed the menu and took away my favorite dish- a selection of raw seafood on ice. No big deal- I'll try something else. I ordered the ceviche, which was OK, but nothing to write home about. The avocado salad turned out to be two halves of an avocado sitting on a few strips of lettuce. Also, charging $12.00 for a watered down Belini was a bit much.

The atmosphere and the view are still pleasant, but the service was more than was nothing short of insulting.

Every other time I've eaten at Casablanca, they brought a seafood dip and chips as soon as you sat down. This time we had to ask for it. The waitress was in a hurry to get our order and asked if we were ready every several times, even though it should have been obvious that we were still studying the menu. Worse yet, she kept calling me "my dear" even though she's half my age.

By the time we finished our meal, I was so annoyed and in such a hurry to leave that I left my credit card on the table. One of the waiters noticed it and came running after me yelling "hey" in a very loud voice. I was happy to get my card back, but couldn't he find a more polite way to do it?

When we left, the parking valet pointed to my car down the block and told me to get it myself because his legs were too long and the seat was too close to the steering wheel.

Suggestion: there are many other restaurants with the view of the Miami River. Try one of them instead.

2  Thank evamaria13
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We ate at the Casablanca location downtown on the river and left a great review. Therefore, we were excited to find out that the same restaurant now has a second location in the Hilton Doubletree, which is where we are staying this visit.

We had an enjoyable outdoor lunch overlooking the marina and, at our waiter's suggestion, we made a reservation for that evening requesting the same table.

We arrived for our dinner reservation 20 min. early and our table, along with the other 3 outdoor bay-front tables were all full. THESE WERE THE ONLY DINERS IN THE ENTIRE RESTAURANT! The waiter assured us the people at our table had been seated there nearly 2 hours earlier and should be finished in time for our dinner and invited us to have cocktails at the bar. So, we each slowly sipped a cocktail while waiting for our table, or any of the 4 tables, to come available.

It was finally 25 min. past our reservation time of 8:00 and clearly, none of the tables were near finishing their dinners. We were charged $24 for the two cocktails, even though they screwed up our reservation! The waiter told us that they had just received their food when we arrived, so we had been lied to. Instead of apologizing, the waiter was rude and just told us "we can't make them move", which I would not expect them to do. We decided to leave and go down to the Italian restaurant (where, when we started to choose a table, we were told it was reserved, but any other table is fine - - which is how you reserve a table!). Though the food is good, this is probably the worst restaurant experience I have ever had. Where was the manager to try to salvage the situation?

2  Thank Keiki1963
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I absolutely LOVE this place, and I can't fathom how it is so down on that list of restaurants in Miami.

The view is ok, provided you sit facing the east so you get an eyeful of the Brickell skyline. The ambiance is great though, very casual, yet at the same time it's all very neat and tidy with white linen tops and proper fine dining silver.

The times that I've been I've noticed a pattern with the service. We'll have one server that will come, talk us through the menu, take our order, and drop our check, but the real attention will come from the busboys or the server assistants. Everytime I've gone I tip 20%. 10% to the server, and then 10% to the assistant , always in cash, to make sure he gets it. It's odd, but it works and I've never had an issue with service.

Now, on to the food. The food there is GREAT. Very fresh, since they have their own fleet of fishermen , so you never have to worry about anything coming to your table that has been previously frozen. Their scallops with a butter sauce are delicious, the paella is big enough to share, I can't wait to have stone crabs back in season to go there and enjoy a nice glass of wine as the boats pass by.

Stay away from the South Beach tourist traps! You have got to try this Miami's locals' spot. For half the price you'll get double the quality.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

After we order 2 Mai tai and a bottle of wine we Order some food really good
But got a surprise when we order the bill the increase the Mai tai each 3 Dolares it's no the money just the kind because maybe at the personal staff think we don't check are bill but I always do
I NEVER EVER I got back there because for me that's a way to still clients money because we don't ask for a particular alcohol label
I don't like when people think we are stupids because we are not
ever I got Back there no even for free open eyes people in the future

1  Thank Ady M