“Great food” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #783 of 4,008 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Bahamian, Seafood
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Conch Heaven provides its customers with the best in Bahamian Dishes such as conch salad, conch fritters, boiled and stew fish, johnny cake just to name a few. Other seafood include shrimp, fried crabs and various types of fish
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

My husband is originally from fortlauderdale but currently live in NC. When he comes home to visit we frequently visit another conch restaurant in Miami that's closed on Sundays. So on Sunday I went on line and found Conch Heaven and the food was great! I have found me a better conch house. I look forward to my next visit.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Deedavis69

Las Vegas, Nevada
“The right name for this place!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have eaten Conch in Jamaica. Every time I go to Caribbean islands or coastal locations, I am looking for good Conch places to eat. So, I figured Miami would have a good place. We went to another place who claimed to have Conch, but unbelievably, they did not. Although Conch is a seasonal food, Conch Heaven had everything!!! Anyhow, I spent 10 days in Miami with family, who convened there from different cities/states. We all took turns picking different restaurants to eat, and I ultimately chose Conch Heaven on the 9th day. After eating there, we all agreed it was the best food we had eaten while visiting Miami!!! The service was outstanding and the taste of the food was parallel to the service. Our server was named Cherise and she was excellent and very informative for others in our party. When I return to Miami, Conch Heaven will be my first stop hands down!!!

• Visited December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best Bahamian restaurant in South Florida”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I love this place, my girlfriend and I go all the time. We live in Fort Lauderdale and never mind the drive as the food, the staff and the entire atmosphere is always worth the trip. Where else in South Florida can you get fresh conch that's not previously frozen, a Kalik beer and other Bahamian treats. Some Saturdays they have a friendly domino game going on and everyone is welcomed to play. The food is great and not expensive considering the amount of food they give you. Anyone that goes there will fall in love with this Island gem in the heart of Miami.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank caribegirl72
“I love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I will never get tired of their food. I love this place!!! They have great customer service skills. They food is fresh. Neve had to worry about eating leftovers. Fast service.

• Visited April 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“Nassau in Miami!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently returned from Nassau & was desperately on the prowl for some conch delights!! I ate at Gullies over there (review coming soon) and was absolutely turned on by the Bahamian style preparing of conch. Needless to say, I jumped online and started searching for reviews and comparable places to eat locally. Wasn't long before I found Conch Heaven. The reviews were all telling me to jump in my car, so I did!!!

Now... when I arrived I was a bit taken aback by the appearance, I read that the area was not so great, but it wasn't the area that created reservation. It was the actual establishment. Firstly, it was ghost town empty and it had a couple doors open which was a bit confusing. Then I saw the huge red spray-painted "entrance" sign and knew I was in the right place. I entered through the back door so it only added to the shady feeling of the place, but a few steps later I saw the bar/ordering area to the right through one door. Had I went straight through instead, it would have led me into the main dining area. It's capacity was 90 I believe and it was plain but still nice. It was filled with simple square tables evenly spaced. Anyway, There was one worker, "Dakota" I believe. She was an authentic island girl and was working alone and she was all business. She wasn't mean or rude in any way, just not overly friendly either. So we looked over the menu, ordered, and took a seat at the bar.

While we waited I got to really take in the ambience a little more. The place was clean but older. It had very worn barstools that were vinyl with busted open seating surfaces which was a little tacky in my opinion, but hey. The music was a nice blend of hip hop and R&B. (My daughter couldn't stop dancing and singing.) The patrons that were there were very friendly and they all gave advice and input on what they liked most on the menu. After a few minutes (10-15 if I had to guess) our order came out. I got the cracked conch dinner with rice & peas, macaroni and potato salad for the two sides. Also ordered the conch salad and the scorched conch which I found out to be very similar. Similar so much so that I would never order both together again. Lastly, I ordered a side of fries to keep the daughter happy and out of "grown folks" food. =) Topped it all off with a can of Goombay Punch, which is basically a strongly carbonated Bahamian fruit punch drink, it was nice.

How was the food you may be wondering... in a word, "NIIIIICE!!!" The cracked conch was on par with the conch in Nassau (even though they had a picture on the way that read "Better Than The Bahamas") which I loved! It was very lightly breaded and wasn't greasy at all, which is a major plus. The portions were generous enough as well. They gave alot more rice and peas than conch of course, but it all balanced out. The macaroni and potato salad were also good, but the conch was easily the highlight of that plate. The conch salad was a very nice portion as well as the scorched conch. As mentioned before I had no idea that they were almost the same until I got them and tasted them both. They are both raw conch I believe soaked in blends of citrus, they also both have onions. The salad however has everything more finely chopped and adds peppers, and tomatoes. They are both very "fresh" tasting. The scorched conch has a bit of a spice to it that is nice. It reminds me of the Haitian pikliz, just not as hot. If I had my wish I would add the spice of the scorched conch to the salad to make the perfect single dish.

Anyway, on a whole the food is great and we will be there again this weekend, but the actual establishment and location will be more suited for those looking to expand their "cultural" experience or those that are from and comfortable in the same type of culture. It is certainly a hole in the wall type of place, but it all works out if you ask me. Give it a shot!!!

• Visited January 2013