“Wonderful guided tour”

Miami's Best Graffiti Guide
Ranked #10 of 257 Outdoor Activities in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Artist Owned & Operated Roll out with Miami’s Best Graffiti Guides and local artists Ryan the Wheelbarrow and Pedro AMOS. Learn how Wynwood has, and continues to transform Miami’s urban landscape into the new street art mecca of the world. Explore the world’s greatest outdoor art museum and find out where some of the best murals are hiding. Learn about the artists: where they’re from, what they do and how they do it by real working artists who are passionate and experienced in graffiti’s ongoing global movement.
Reviewed August 10, 2016

Ryan was a pleasure to be with, and his enthusiasm for art, and appreciation of the talent of all the artists, is infectious. We have a new understanding of graffiti and I don't think we will be able to walk casually by any street art again. I wish we had recorded him. He was smart, warm, incredibly responsive to our needs and interests, and as we walked through the neighborhood and he greeted gallery and store owners, fellow artists and other people, we got a real sense of the neighborhood. This was a great tour.

Date of experience: July 2016
"bike tour"
"every wall"
"interesting tour"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 3 reviews
in 34 reviews
"artists"
in 30 reviews

Reviewed April 26, 2016

My family and I just took a tour with Ryan and were impressed beyond words. Ryan's knowledge and passion showed with every mural we passed. He shared information about the area, the artists, and so much more. As an insider and artist himself, he is friends with many of the artists as was evident from the countless people who said hi to him as we walked on the path.
The tour was $180 for 6 of us and well worth every penny. We ended it after a little under 2 hours, but only because we were hot -- he could have and would have gone on for much longer. He clearly loves what he does and were felt fortunate to have the opportunity to spend this time with him.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed December 29, 2015

I took this tour on a family vacation and it was universally loved by everyone of all ages. I am not very knowledgeable about art or the Miami area, but after this tour I wanted to see and learn more about street art, murals, and the graffiti scene. Ryan is one of the most enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and entertaining tour guides I've ever had across my travels (I'm an frequent guided tour taker!). As the tour went along I got more and more interested and Ryan answered all the questions that kept popping into my head with such depth and enthusiasm. If you want to go to Wynwood and not just see the art, but to begin to understand it, take the time to walk through with Ryan. You will not be disappointed.

If you have art skeptics in your group, convince them to join you, and watch as they are drawn in by Ryan's expertise and by the rich history and culture surrounding these amazing works of art.

Reviewed December 28, 2015 via mobile

My wife and i did the one hour walking tour. You can of course just drive around or walk through the Wynwood Walls but getting a guide will help you understand what you see. Our guide Ryan was great and took us around the whole neighborhood, not just through the official Walls and provided a lot of context on when and by whom different murals were done. Would definitely do this again.

See more reviews
Reviewed December 27, 2015

My family (ranging in age from mid-50s to early 20s) really enjoyed our tour! Before the tour, we knew almost nothing about the Wynwood area, street art, or graffiti. We learned *so much* from Ryan and felt like we really got a sense of the neighborhood, its history, and the art from the tour. Ryan pointed out so many fascinating details of the murals that we never would have noticed if we were wandering around the neighborhood on our own. (He was also very accommodating to our family - some of us were a little late arriving due to a biking snafu and my dad cannot walk very fast - and Ryan was very gracious and easygoing about all of it.) Ryan's enthusiasm for the area and the art was infectious, and we had a great time. Highly recommend to all!

1  Thank Hannah M