“don't stay at this motel. a real dump!!!!!!!!”
Review of Motel Blu

Motel Blu
Ranked #102 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Jacksonville, Florida
“don't stay at this motel. a real dump!!!!!!!!”
Reviewed October 29, 2010

this motel does not live up to it's online site. the place is a dump, to say the least. 1st the motel location is in a very bad area. I couldn't believe it!! second the room was small and dingy looking. all of the furniture was old and beat up. and there were other people using the pool that were not staying there. I felt safe. how ever if your a women traveling alone, I would not stay at this place. basicly the place is a DUMP!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank tvlenman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Wisbech, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2010

I was a little apprehensive having read a number of negative reviews and must admit as I drove into the motel car park I thought “What have I done”! However once parked a fellow guest welcomed me reassuringly said it’s not that bad here bud!

I received a warm welcome at the reception and found my room large, basic but very clean. True some of the decoration was a bit tired as was some of the carpet and furniture but it was all fit for purpose. My room was serviced every day and fresh towels and linen were supplied each day.
The pool was clean but the area around the pool was a little messy. This was not down to the motel as they did clean the pool area but mainly down to fellow guests who failed to clear away their litter.

There were no room safes or safety deposit boxes; however you could leave valuables in the hotel safe. I used this and nothing went missing! As for safety, I felt safe and secure in this motel and the surrounding area, yes there is a strip club over the canal but to be honest, and unless you plan to visit it you probably wouldn’t notice it.
Like all USA motels the breakfast was only coffee and doughnuts.
There are many eateries within walking distance as well as a supermarket and other shops. So you can get most of your supplies on the doorstep. The motel also has its own restaurant. It looked popular but I did not eat there.

A tip for anyone taking a car is to leave it in the car park and take the bus downtown or to the beaches. Busses stop outside the motel and for a flat fare of $2 you can get to the beaches or downtown with ease. You can also buy unlimited travel for $5 dollars a day valid for both busses and metro. It is so much cheaper than paying to park your car.

I had a relaxing stay and the helpful staff gave the motel a homely feel. I would recommend this establishment for those wishing for a cheap, clean and cheerful place to stay and a moderate price. If you are looking for five star service and facilities then forget it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank JmIOS
Welcome_to_Motel_Blu, Manager at Motel Blu, responded to this review, October 21, 2010
Let me start off by thanking you for leaving your positive review about MOTEL BLU. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with our accommodations, room cleanliness, and our staff. Our goal has always been to offer superior service, and clean rooms at an affordable price, and it seems as if we met those needs with you. Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave this review, and we look forward to seeing you again, and being able to serve you as our guest.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I had a great experience at Motel Blu! I was a little hestitant to stay here because of the past reviews but was very surprised after my stay. Service was excellent, very creative design and a such a wonderful staff. Everything was spotless and clean.
I recommend staying there. It's so close to the beach. Approximately 10 - 15 min drive. Close to the Art district where there are some great restaurants. There pool area was very relaxing! I love it. Next time if i go to Miami I would definetely stay there again. Like i said I read reviews before I was a little scared about my stay there, but it worked out well. Very quiet and secure even though its next to a strip club! If your staying there the restaurant Red light is very good as well! DONT LISTEN TO ANYBODY. IT WAS AWESOME. I LOVED IT. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND Motel Blu!!!!! ENJOY YOUR STAY!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank PAlove
Thank you for staying with us here at MOTEL BLU. I am glad that you decided to give us a chance, and enjoyed every moment of it. I am also happy that you got to enjoy our relaxing pool area, and toured the surrounding neighborhood. From all of us here at Motel Blu, thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.
lexington, ky
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Stayed there for a few nights, the staff was great. My room was clean and very updated. Location is in a Art Deco district. Plenty to do around the hotel, easy access to the beach and shopping. Very safe area, would recommend for family travel....

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank aurgelles
Thank you for your positive review! It was great to see that you enjoyed our convenient location, clean rooms, and superior service. Hopefully the next time your travel plans call for Miami, you look upon us to service your room accommodation needs. Thank you again for your time in posting this review.
Brooksville, Florida
Reviewed July 23, 2010

I arrived yesterday with my children, the little girl was afraid to get out of the car as it looked 'scary' to her. What no one tells you is right next door is a live 'nudie' bar, the traffic is LOUD, the rooms are SMALL and the floors were FILTHY. I looked into the room and it looked fine, but when I walked in it was a different story. The door locks are flimsy, the gaping space between the door and door frame a rodent could have invited himself in. I told the desk clerk that my daughter refused to get out of the car, and explained that her Christianity would not allow her to stay the night next to the activity next door and could he please cancel my credit card payment. He refused, but did say if I would have paid cash he'd return it... but his boss would see that the CC Payment was returned and he could get in trouble, so needless to say I will be contacting my Visa account. Right down the road 3 miles is a BEST WESTERN that is the same price.. and the rooms were TWICE the size, clean, well air conditioned and the service was GREAT. The Denny's across the street offers a 20% discount for those that stay at the hotel. DO NOT STAY AT MOTEL BLU.. the pictures are so NOT what you will get!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Thelxepeia

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was one of many hotels/motels we stayed in during our 10 day roadtrip from South Florida to Western Colorado. This motel is located in Little Haiti right by a stripclub. The area itself wasn't too pleasing but there was at least a security guard for the parking lot. The parking lot is very small so make sure you get there early enough to snag one of the spots otherwise you may have to park out in the back - not advisable. The girl who checked us in was less than friendly but at least the check in was swift. There's a little restaurant right outside this motel and the menu looked delightful but we didn't end up eating there - there was an 1 1/2 wait for a table so I'm sure it was good. The room was not very clean but the airconditioning worked and the bed was comfortable and clean enough to sleep in for one night. The bathroom wasn't terribly clean either but again - good enough for a night's stay. The worst/weirdest part of this motel was that our back window was looking out into an abandoned, filthy pool (not Motel Blu's property) with cats all around it. Just close the windows and you'll be fine:) So all in all, this motel was fine but nothing to write home about. I've always been the type of person who's concerned with safety and cleanliness but I'm also on a budget so this hotel was a good enough compromise. I would recommend this hotel to someone who's in the same situation as me but not to someone who is expecting a nice, relaxing getaway.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank toyotoyotoyo
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 6, 2010

ufff i am laughing at the comments above.... there is this tragic story behind this ugly cheap motel. had we known gettin a good deal would come with sleepless nights we would have paid $20 more and gone to a decent inn/motel. we arrived around midnight and the manager gave us the keys to our room. we went in the a/c wasnt working..good lord in the month of June we almost slept fanning each other for the rest of the night. the other morning we went out in the morning left the a/c on and whn we came back the a/c was turned off and the room was hot. to top that no soap in the bathroom..i had to wash my hands with the shampoo i took with me..ridiculous.. we went and complained and the staff was considerate enough to move us next door and My god there was something about that crazy room..scared the hellt out of us three had to move back to the original room...then another sleepless night...we went and asked for the soap and the lady working that shift told us there were none and after arguing with her she finally gave me 3-4 saying tats all i had to adjust with...god this is the heights of everything.. we paid almost 60$ /night. if this is what we get (sleepless nights) i'd pay $20 more and stay in a motel with good a/c and definitely safe (btw there was a strip club right next to the motel) and i guess this is the worst area in entire miami...a ghetto style cheap motel..I will never recommend anyone...

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank sadgurls
Welcome_to_Motel_Blu, Manager at Motel Blu, responded to this review, July 12, 2010
Thank you for choosing Motel Blu for your room accommodations, and I am sorry for any issues you may have had during your stay. Our air conditioners are checked daily by our maintenance staff, and any issues are written in our "maintenance log". Unfortunately I did not see an issue with the air conditioning in your room, but please keep in mind that this June was one of the hottest June months that Miami has ever experienced. We had record breaking heat the days you were here. Secondly, our housekeeping staff is fully aware of what amenities are to be put in the room, and after the rooms are done they are checked by our Housekeeping Manager. I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. I look forward to the opportunity of being able to serve you as our guests again. Thank you.