“A bed to sleep on, but nothing else” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Motel Blu

Motel Blu
Ranked #102 of 121 Hotels in Miami
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“A bed to sleep on, but nothing else”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our room wasn't as bad as some of these reviews. We had room 102 which was clean and without a carpet, but very sparse, yet a clean bed was all that we were really looking for, hence the 2 stars(although the roof of the bathroom was MOLDY!!). You have to plug in all the lights and such when you walk in, our curtains kept randomly going up, the refrigerator didn't work, and asking the girl at the front desk for the wi-fi password was like asking for a cup of blood from her mothers still-beating heart. At check-out there was a different receptionist who was much nicer. The "breakfast" consisted of some instant coffee, a couple mini-donuts, and a loaf of bread that you could make toast from (although I wouldn't trust that toaster at all). They are impossible to get through to via telephone, the computer and the printer in the front office don't work, and there were a couple nights we had to park outside the gait due to lack of parking. Because they have a strict no-refund policy I would recommend looking at the room before you give them your credit card.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank castellanosrh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there for ultra. No electricity in the room. Mattresses were stained significantly. Dirty carpet. AC didn't work. No curtains. Watched the maintenance guy put up blinds in our room. No cleaning service. Used to stAy here every year for ultra. Definitely run down over the years. No help from the staff.

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Miami hotels

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm actually a usual guest at this property. Although I agree with some of these reviews, I like the place. The staff are very very nice and polite, Kathy is a sweetheart! I've heard they're under new management so hopefully they know how to whip it into shape. The property is huge and has alot of potential. The rooms aren't in the best shape and i've noticed its actually gone downhill these past few years. But I have hope for the place and am looking forward for the changes that hopefully are to come.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank sarah s
Vancouver, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

The “room” was disgusting, the carpet was so wet you could see your footprints, one of the beds had urine stains, the “office chair” appeared to be covered in cocaine, the other bed had sheets on it that were not clean. In the bathroom was a bar of soap so old the wrapper had turned black and no towels fortunately there was a roll of toilet paper.

You be the judge

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Nik3323
Richmond, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had to cancel this hotel booking because of the winter storm on the east coast, which cancelled all flights in general. I have tried calling this hotel MULTIPLE times. The phone number doesn't even have a message stating that it BELONGS to a hotel. I left 4 different messages to talk to them about the cancellation and asking them to NOT charge me a night stay (per the policy)_, as I was did not know I would not be able to get there. I have yet to receive a return call. A guest should be able to contact the hotel at ANY point in time. For example, they say they offer shuttle service from the hotel - but how would a guest arrange for that if you cannot even call them?

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the worst experience of my life. My husband and I were traveling and needed a room for the night. Saw online that this place provided shuttle to and from the hotel (since removed) and the pictures seemed decent. After calling to request shuttle pick-up was rudely told that they don't provide that service. After asking for refund, they denied. We ended up taking a $35 ride to the is disgusting place. I asked to speak to the manager and the rude lady said he wasn't there. When I asked for his name and # she said she didn't know it. I was ready to spend extra money to get another room somewhere else just by the lack of customer service but my husband convinced me that we already spent the money so we may as well stay. My story only gets worse when we get to the room. This room so nasty, I almost cried and begged my husband to leave. After much consoling and reassurance, we stayed in this filthy room. I slept with my clothes on and barely got much rest due to watching out for bugs and rodents. I couldn't even take a shower the bathroom was so gross. I was so happy when it was time to leave.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Stacy O
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami
New Yorker Boutique Hotel
Shalimar Motel
Shalimar Motel
#68 of 121 in Miami
3.5 of 5 stars 231 reviews

Been to Motel Blu? Share your experiences!