“Horrible motel”
Review of Motel Blu

Motel Blu
Ranked #104 of 124 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Stayed there for ultra. No electricity in the room. Mattresses were stained significantly. Dirty carpet. AC didn't work. No curtains. Watched the maintenance guy put up blinds in our room. No cleaning service. Used to stAy here every year for ultra. Definitely run down over the years. No help from the staff.

• Stayed: March 2014
There are newer reviews for Motel Blu

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I'm actually a usual guest at this property. Although I agree with some of these reviews, I like the place. The staff are very very nice and polite, Kathy is a sweetheart! I've heard they're under new management so hopefully they know how to whip it into shape. The property is huge and has alot of potential. The rooms aren't in the best shape and i've noticed its actually gone downhill these past few years. But I have hope for the place and am looking forward for the changes that hopefully are to come.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank sarah s
Reviewed February 23, 2014

The “room” was disgusting, the carpet was so wet you could see your footprints, one of the beds had urine stains, the “office chair” appeared to be covered in cocaine, the other bed had sheets on it that were not clean. In the bathroom was a bar of soap so old the wrapper had turned black and no towels fortunately there was a roll of toilet paper.

You be the judge

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank Nik3323
Reviewed February 23, 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces
1  Thank lookshappy
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I had to cancel this hotel booking because of the winter storm on the east coast, which cancelled all flights in general. I have tried calling this hotel MULTIPLE times. The phone number doesn't even have a message stating that it BELONGS to a hotel. I left 4 different messages to talk to them about the cancellation and asking them to NOT charge me a night stay (per the policy)_, as I was did not know I would not be able to get there. I have yet to receive a return call. A guest should be able to contact the hotel at ANY point in time. For example, they say they offer shuttle service from the hotel - but how would a guest arrange for that if you cannot even call them?

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2014

This was the worst experience of my life. My husband and I were traveling and needed a room for the night. Saw online that this place provided shuttle to and from the hotel (since removed) and the pictures seemed decent. After calling to request shuttle pick-up was rudely told that they don't provide that service. After asking for refund, they denied. We ended up taking a $35 ride to the is disgusting place. I asked to speak to the manager and the rude lady said he wasn't there. When I asked for his name and # she said she didn't know it. I was ready to spend extra money to get another room somewhere else just by the lack of customer service but my husband convinced me that we already spent the money so we may as well stay. My story only gets worse when we get to the room. This room so nasty, I almost cried and begged my husband to leave. After much consoling and reassurance, we stayed in this filthy room. I slept with my clothes on and barely got much rest due to watching out for bugs and rodents. I couldn't even take a shower the bathroom was so gross. I was so happy when it was time to leave.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Stacy O
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This place has no right to be called a hotel! I don't know how much disrespect you should have to yourself to run this place like this. I would really like to meet the owner and to see what kind of people run places like this. This place is horrible! The room was so dirty that we had to sleep in our clothes. There is no bathtub, just a primitive shower that will give you fungus immediately. One dirty towel was provided for two people. There is no heater in the room, though Miami still gets some cold days in winter. And there are cockroaches everywhere. Staff is another big issue here. *Unfriendly* is not enough word to describe it, they are just rude, and they don't speak English well enough to work there. This place should be either renovated complitely, or eliminated. People are just mislead and confused by the pictures on the Internet, don't be, it's not like that. It's a shame, not a hotel!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple