“Motel Blu's poor quality”
Review of Motel Blu

Motel Blu
Ranked #104 of 124 Hotels in Miami
A TripAdvisor Member
Dade City, Florida, USA
Reviewed July 20, 2012

our experience at Motel Blu was less than what we understood it would be through the advertisement; service was poor (no welcome, no thanks for our stay; received 2 clean bath towels on second day, no clean washcloths or hand towels); located right next to an adult night club; parking was limited and shared with the night club patrons that blocked in guests at hotel

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com
There are newer reviews for Motel Blu

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I booked a stay at Motel Blue over the Memorial Day holiday, I was afraid due to the bad reviews this Motel has gotten, but I booked and stayed anyway,,,, I am glad I did, The motel room was clean and the staff was friendly, and for it to be a holiday weekend they were booked up and quiet for bed time. I plan on staying there next year!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less A/C unit noise
4  Thank Semitra B
Reviewed June 8, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at the end of May, the place was packed with people. Staff was very friendly and accommodating, and they had a nice pool, free wi-fi, and free breakfast which was a plus. The room we had was very clean, and looked like they just redid the bathroom and carpet.
The area isnt bad at all, walking distance to food and stuff, and the Beach is only 15 minutes away. We payed $79 per night which was a bargain because the hotels on the beach were going for $150 and up, and the beach hotels were going to charge an arm and a leg for parking.
The place was perfect for us girls, we relaxed by the pool during the day, and went to the beach at night, and came back to sleep. It is a great deal, and I will definitely come back next year.
If you want a nice, clean, friendly place to stay with all the perks of a nice hotel, than motel blu is for you.
Thanks motel blu for making our weekend memorable.

3  Thank Glen M
A TripAdvisor Member
Norwich, uk
Reviewed May 13, 2012

The motel was ok but have stayed in better.It lacked a few of the niceties I expect from Miami motels,which I have used extensively these past two decades.The pool facilities were fine but the room window blind didnt work,the lights were too dim and the keyboard of the motels computer,which we would have liked to use if only to book in online for the return flight.The flight home was packed and we felt very cramped.Having flown out on a 747 we returned on an airbus.The food on both flights was poor and I will be unlikely to use Virgin again

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 26, 2012

This motel was better than expected since I knew I was going to stay at a motel, I thought that mant cheap service and miserable rooms, but that wasn't the case. The rooms have recently been rnovated, they are clean and nice, nice decoration and brand new beautiful bathrooms. Though the wi-fi is only available at the lobby and around the pool area and there are no phones, you have the option of using the front desk phone at no charge. It is close to nearly eveything you need. Wal Mart, K-mart, restaurants and malls such as the Aventura Mall which is about a 15- minute drive away. My rating would be an 8.5 on 10. I stayed there almost a week and only paid $72/night and I got the bang for my buck. If you are looking for a longer than 5 days stay in a nice but simple little hotel at low prices, I would suggest Motel Blu.

Room Tip: After booking online, when you get to the front desk make sure they give you the type of room you re...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kassandra E
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Excellent value. Clean. Staff friendly. Ok not the best area, but the price made upfor it. If you get reception to call you a cab. Ask forthe guy who has the white people carrier. You will not be dissapointed. Trust Me...

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank leedsunited10
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Two friends and I planned to stay here for two nights while we were in miami for the week. We were suppose to stay with a friend but realised we couldnt. The motel was very friendly and accomodating. We need to stay extra nights last minute and the staff helped us out, We ended up there for the whole week. The rooms werent the best but good enough. There was air conditioner and a fridge. It was perfect. I highly recommand this place if your looking for a cheap place to stay. We went out in south beach every night it was only a 20 dollar cab ride! If thats too much take the bus for 2 bucks. Great place!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends