All reviews pool bar retro motel mid century modern art deco style modern amenities absolutely loved this hotel until midnight pool party biscayne blvd yogurt room decor pool side king size onsite restaurant walk in shower continental breakfast south beach
Reviewed August 17, 2018

This was my second stay at the Vagabond, and I would recommend it. The attention to design is very apparent and the rooms and pool are very cool. The bed is super comfy and I love the robes too. I appreciated the iron and little ironing board in the room. When I stayed here a year ago, I had a delicious drink and dinner in the restaurant and was sad that it was closed for renovations this trip - will look forward to trying it again next time.
The only complaints I have are that the hot water control in the shower and sink is really janky. Which way is hot, try one, try the other, switch it back and forth, sometimes you get hot water, sometimes not... I was glad I didn't have to wash my hair, because I never had consistently warm water. My colleague in another room never had hot water. From other reviews, and my conversation with the staff upon check-out, this is not a new problem, nor a small problem. The management should really get this situation fixed.
The other complaint is that the no-smoking policy at the pool is not at all enforced. On Sunday night, there was a couple there most of the evening and they were smoking, some guy at the bar was smoking and the bartender was smoking!
Otherwise, the bar and pool are wonderful; I was sad that the bar was not open Monday night, but I get it, it's the off season.
Thanks for a great staff, very helpful, will be happy to return.

• Stayed: August 2018, traveled on business
mmallouh, General Manager at The Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2018

Thank you for returning to the Vagabond and I can assure that the new restaurant (Upscale Sushi) will be open for your next visit. The restaurant space is currently under renovation and we expect it to re-open in October at which point the pool bar will also be open 7 days a week.

In terms of the hot water issue, the direction of the faucet can be confusing so we are going to start advising guests at check-in which way to turn the faucet for hot water. In terms of the smoking complaint, we do direct guests to smoke in the smoking section located in the lower courtyard. However, there is no excuse for the staff to be smoking and I will be addressing this issue immediately. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Reviewed August 11, 2018 via mobile

Had a great stay. Hotel is updated and very retro of old Florida. Pool and grounds are clean and beautiful. We would go back again! Clean,updated and staff is friendly! Nice Place! Checked in early from driving from west coast, they accommodated us with ease! AAA+++

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
mmallouh, General Manager at The Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

Well we hope you return for a longer stay soon!

Reviewed August 10, 2018

Room 110
Friday night... girls nite, golden girls nite, first time in Miami not in a resort or boutique hotel on South Beach. But just look at this place, I am a fan of atomic age hotels and roadside hotel/motels. One day I hope to stay a nite at the Madonna Inn or even the tee-pee hotels. I was thrilled, free parking, look at that pool, cute a** rooms. I love mid century modern kitch as much as the next 40yr old. I was not even swayed by the fact there was a humidifier or a loud air conditioner... finally something to drown out my snoring!! Went to bed early, pool music barely audible. Bed so ultra sinkable we were rendered immobile. That is until I looked over at the white plastic alarm clock and thought is that what I think it is. Nah, turning my head away from the alarm clock glow. OH NO then I felt it in my hair. ACK leaping out of bed waking my partner, (after all this was my birthday trip) in this pristine white bed in a spotless room stood a giant palmetto bug on my pillow. I said GET IT (at home I am the one to get it) she drags the pillow off the bed ever so slowly. The bug gallantly riding on the pillow as if floating on a cloud. She says i got it.. i say thats not getting it, then in her sleepy ultimate wisdom she puts the fluffy bath robe over it, STILL NOT GOT IT, i drag the robe covered roach riding pillow to the room door to put him outside and it scuttered under the base board in the bathroom. All in all it was a pretty nice stay at this beautifully renovated mid mod hotel in Miami for my birthday! Even if I woke up to a palmetto bug in my hair in the middle of the night Went for a morning swim and as lovely as the pool was it couldn't shake the thoughts of the roach in my hair. I live in Florida, I have lived in Florida for almost 30 years I understand there will be bugs. I wanted to make this a 2 star review but the hotel is sooo darn cute & the staff from prior to check in through out our stay were amazing.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple

What can I say besides I am horrified to learn about your experience. The hotel has been open for exactly 4 years and this is the first time we have a guest with "bug' issues let alone a bug on the bed/pillow. I can only imagine how unsettling it must have been and for that I am truly sorry. You are correct that bugs are common in South Florida but we take pest control very seriously and continuously service the hotel grounds and the rooms to keep the "bugs" out.

Reviewed August 6, 2018

Wow! This hotel is extra special. Clean rooms, unique style, and in walking distance to restaurants, shops, and a shopping center. We enjoyed the wonderfully decorated rooms and relaxing pool area. Look forward to going back again ASAP.

Stayed: March 2018
mmallouh, General Manager at The Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

We can't wait for your visit! So glad you truly enjoyed your stay and took the time to discover our wonderful neighborhood.

Reviewed July 12, 2018

We absolutely LOVED this hotel. We were on a tight budget to go to a friend's wedding and this hotel not only hit the mark but was a remodeled art deco style Mimo hotel which was fantastic. It had all the vintage charm but was completely re done. The rooms were huge. We stayed in a Galaxie King, it was either 204 or 205 but it was on the second floor facing the pool and was just delightful. It reminded me a bit of the Jetson's with all the fun and fabulous colors. The room had a great desk area and bench as well as a super comfy king bed and a huge bathroom with a gigantic walk in shower and huge vanity area with a stool to sit on. The shower had three levels too. You could do the rainforest showerhead, a faucet, or a smaller lower showerhead that was detachable. I only mention this because I had my hair done for the wedding and didn't want to get it wet so their set up worked out great. The amenities at this place for it being such a great price were fantastic as well. First of all NO RESORT FEE and NO PARKING FEE. This was huge for Miami, as I couldn't find anywhere that this was the case. I was sold on those two things alone as parking in Miami can be from $25-$65 a night and resort fees can get as high as $35 so combined we could have spent $100 more a night on those two things so it was really nice that they were included. They also include a continental breakfast. It was really basic but completely unexpected. My husband could get coffee in the morning and they had English muffins, cereal, tangerines, and yogurt most mornings. They also give you free water bottles, which I just found wonderful. The pool area is lovely, and has a great bar and sometimes has live entertainment. The restaurant is fantastic as well and has a wonderful happy hour from 5-8pm.Amanda was our server both nights and she was just wonderful. The staff also made the experience delightful. Micah was great prior to our stay and gave us all sorts of recommendations for places to visit in Miami and followed up on her recommendations when we arrived. Brett was absolutely fantastic. We came in on an overnight flight and we were strictly told by the manager under no circumstances would we be able to check in early and there was a $75 charge if we could, but we were able to drop our bags off at 6am and then check in by around noon which was so nice to take a nap before the classical concert that was taking place that afternoon by the pool. Brett was also fantastic in answering any questions and was friendly, upbeat, and extremely genuine throughout our stay. He constantly asked how we were doing and if there was anything we needed. James was also fantastic. He answered all of my questions about places to visit and was genuine and kind as well. For the price you absolutely can't beat this hotel and it was centrally located to everywhere we needed to be in Miami and was not far from Fort Lauderdale either. I love how they kept the nostalgic feeling of the property during the remodel. The art deco mermaids and the Vagabond sign give the place so much character. Our room was also really quiet. It is on a main street so I was worried about noise but the rooms are tucked in the back and the pool is in front of the hotel so the street noise didn't travel to the rooms. Also you get 10% off if you stay 3 nights and 15% off if you stay 5 nights, which really helped. The Galaxie King was plenty big for us but if you would like more room or are bringing kids, the Electra deluxe is bigger and has a pull out couch, a fridge, and a keurig coffee maker. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about this hotel. The price was phenomenal and was one of the reasons we were able to afford our trip and yet the rooms were so fantastic and the staff was absolutely charming. Thank you Vagabond for making this stay so wonderful. If we ever visit Miami again we will be sure to stay here and tell all of our friends that may visit as well.

Room Tip: 2nd floor king room overlooking the pool was lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
mmallouh, General Manager at The Vagabond Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2018

Thank you so very much for such a lovely and thorough review! So glad that you truly enjoyed your stay at the Vagabond and we look forward to your return visit. We are renowned for our customer and I am glad that we did not disappoint you.

Just so you know, the restaurant is actually being renovated this summer and will re-open in September as an upscale Sushi & Bar.