“Good but too pricey!”

Cuisines: Sushi
Miami, Florida
“Good but too pricey!”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I've walked by this new sushi place a couple of time and it's ALWAYS empty. I decided to check it's reviews on Yelp and was pretty impressed by the fact that it was 4 stars. That's not a common rating for a sushi restaurant in downtown.

I usually bring my lunch from home because although I love venturing out to downtown, sometimes it can get a little pricey. Today I felt like having some sushi so decided to give this place a try. I called and ordered my food (the girl put me on hold for a while...annoying). I walked over after 15-20 minutes and as usual, the place was completely empty. Not a single soul there during lunch time. Weird.

Ok let's discuss the food since that's ultimately the most important part of this review. I ordered the Tuna Tataki and the Fantasy Roll with an extra side of ponzu. Their sushi is fresh, really fresh. Probably one of the freshest sushi I've had in a very long time. I personally like my Tuna Tataki to be sliced a little thinner, but otherwise it was delicious. The Fantasy Roll was also sliced a little too thick, but also very delicious.

Here's the problem I have with this place...the price. I personally feel they need to lower their prices significantly for several reasons.
1. it's a hole in the wall...some of the best restaurants are holes in the wall but for right now they are JUST a hole in the wall
2. they are a brand new place and don't have enough clientele to have prices like these
3. they are always empty and because they are so expensive people won't realize how great they are.

The girl at the register told me that she was giving me their new menu because they raised all their prices by $1. Umm what? You guys opened like, yesterday, and you're already raising your prices even more??? That's ridiculous. They need to lower their prices by at least $2! I ordered 2 items and my total was $25.12!

Visited July 2014