“Great lunchtime menu. Really worth going”

Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
Reserve with OpenTable
Michael's Genuine Food & Drink is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #42 of 4,183 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: N.E. 1st Avenue & N.E. 2nd Avenue
Transit: Miami Dade Transit Bus Lines # 2, # 3,# 9, # 10, # 36, # 93, # 202, # 236. For detailed route information go to: http://www.miamidade.gov/transit/library/tm_for_web.pdf
Description: Michael’s Genuine Food & Drink is a showcase for the cuisine of Chef/Owner Michael Schwartz, with prices designed to encourage frequent dining. This unpretentious bistro seats 90 indoors and out, with another 14 seats at a handsome bar. Doubling as a casual neighborhood dining spot and a culinary destination, the bright, airy space in Miami’s evolving Design District showcases Schwartz’s trademark new American cuisine at prices designed to encourage frequent dining. Open daily for lunch and dinner, the menu is chock full of choices encouraging everything from a light bite to a multi-course feast. A quick glance at the menu and Michael's intentions for this restaurant are revealed. Notable is the frequency of the word homemade in the descriptions of dishes -- be it pasta, French fries or rabbit terrine. At the same time, Michael's takes advantage of the Chef’s decades-long relationships with winemakers to offer diners the opportunity to try a variety of wines at great value.
San Francisco, California
“Great lunchtime menu. Really worth going”
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Went for lunch with family and had a great meal. The belly pork kimchee was unbelievable and the trigger fish was firm and tasty. The selection of cookies and cakes for dessert was heavy on the peanut but delicious (I like peanuts). A winner.

Visited October 2013

Miami, Florida
“Amazing brunch perfect for a family style meal with friends or family”
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

We went for brunch on a Sunday. Food looked great so decided to order several plates and share. Every item exceeded our expectations and service was just right. Menu changes often so no point on any suggestions regarding specific foods. Perfect places for foodies.

Visited October 2013
bremen
“michaels genuine”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

yesterday (10/15/2013) while doing business in the area i was recommended to have a drink and maybe a snack at Michael's genuine food and drink. we popped aver the road and discovered to our delight the most wonderful little restaurant and bar. the setting in a courtyard of bushes and tree's took away the fact that it is in the design district.
the beer (Michael's genuine draft) and the bar snacks we ordered were so good we decided to have supper there. the food did not let us down, perfectly cooked and well presented we enjoyed every bite.
waiting staff were friendly courteous and professional without being over powering.
price was reasonable and our whole experience was definitely one i will repeat.
i can highly recommend the octopus.
top marks to this establishment.

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very Good - But not Raving”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I treated myself to dinner at Michael's and went as a solo diner (having been there 4 years ago). I don't really have problems with dining on my own, however, while service was very friendly and professional, I felt rushed and got the distinct impression they wanted to get me out of there as quickly as possible to get more paying guests in. The whole dining experience was over in 40 minutes - and that included a starter. Even if I'm a single diner, I may want to linger over dinner....

Food was fine, but that was about it - I had shrimp ceviche as a starter and grilled fish (can't remember which one) with a passionfruit dressing as a mains. I also had the okra, having read rave reviews about it. Everything was very nice, but it wasn't really the exceptional experience I was looking forward to. The okra in particular was a letdown - there is nothing to it - it's stalks of okra baked in a woodfired oven, so it has a slightly smoky flavour, but it didn't have anything else on it, no salt, pepper or any kind of dressing. With a cocktail and tip, the bill came to $ 70, which I just found too expensive for what it was - I don't mind paying for a good dining experience, but overall, I left feeling slightly disappointed.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Inselhuepfer3
Miami, Florida
“Excellent and fresh!”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We finally got to try this restaurant. Very busy, but service was great. Server explained all the menu and helped us make some great choices. We ate "tapas" style trying several dishes that we shared. All was great. Pork Belly some of the best we've had. Grits and fries were to die for. Worth every penny. Glad we tried it.

• Visited October 2013