Miami Sun Hotel
$117
$108
  • Restaurant
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$118
$135
HolidayInn.com
$122
$119
Hampton.com
Crowne Plaza Miami Airport(Miami)(Great Value!)
$102
$93
  • Pool
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$159
$119
$105
Priceline
  • Pool
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$124
$105
Cancelon
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Well aware of the cheepness of the hotel - I'm still surpriced over the lack of service and the VERY poor cleaning standard - Why run a hotel if you don't have any interest in giving some kind of positive experience. Very bad experience!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mads Himmelstru... P
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really really dirty and dangerous. Worst hotel ever. Full of bugs. I spend 5 hours in this hotel, the only thing I wanted is to leave. Bed was broken. Toilet was so dirty that we havent taken our shower

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bernadette K
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights, it was a last minute booking and being New Year's Eve, everything was booked up so our choice was very limited. We dint except the hotel to be as bad as it was. The initial impression itself is dismal, the hotel facade and lobby is below average. The room was terrible, with peeling paint everywhere, shabby furniture, no temperature control on the air conditioning so it was freezing, the room was dingy overall. The hotel is very noisy, we got woken up early every morning by the loud noises of drilling, sawing and hammering!
The two reasons why the hotel doesn't get a terrible rating are the location and the staff. It's a few minutes walk from Bayside Marina which is full of restaurants, clubs and shops, and the Metromover Stop is also at a 5 min walk. The staff, especially the ladies at the reception Were friendly and helpful with information.
If you do book this hotel, expect nothing but good location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mikul H
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Searched forever to find a decent hotel at a decent price located close to downtown or the beaches. Unfortunately everything was either booked or priced well above $200 a night. Stumbled upon Miami Sun Hotel. Reasonably priced considering the outrageous prices for other hotels in the area and I was not planning on doing a hostel (didn't realize we even had these in the states...yuck!). The hotel IS run down. I knew this before arriving so I was expecting the worse. The elevator was not working, no biggie. Walk the steps! The rooms are a little bigger than European sized hotel rooms. The bathroom in my room was very small and moldy; however, smelled of bleach! So they're at least getting sprayed down. Parking is fenced in across the street or there is a garage across the street to park in. Police station is one street over. The "locals" were friendly enough, albeit a little creepy. Bottom line, manage your expectations. If you see all hotels booking for $200+ a night and this place is $85, there's a reason :)

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank uhwarrior6608
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Upon finding this hotel, it was totally unrecognizable of pictures shown. Shady looking characters abounded. The cab driver who drove us to this place was even scared. Left us standing there with our luggage and raced away. When we made our way in I was chased down by some man demanding to know if I had parked my car in the lot. I thought he was a drug addict but he actually worked there, I told him we had taken a cab there. So there IS a fee to park here. Upon getting inside the front desk lady was very friendly. She also let us know the soda and vending machines were empty. The elevator license was expired and I thought we would crash from the creaky sounds that came from it. Upon arriving at our room, they had put us in a secluded corner with no lighting. We took it upon ourselves to try and change the bulb, but it shorted out [fire hazard] We felt like bait. Asked to be moved and were moved. Rooms are tiny and creepy. I did look for bed bugs but saw none. Sheets were stained. Asked for clean sheets and got more stained sheets. Ice is locked up in lobby if you can find a drink they will put ice in a sack for you. We had planned to stay 2 nights but we got out of there the next morning....never to return. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. The bed was lumpy. There was in all fairness an attempt at cleanliness, but this place needs to be condemned. I felt as if a terrible joke had been played on me. There were no amenities at all. Heed my word and stay very far away from this creepy hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends