“Better Than Expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #102 of 119 Hotels in Miami
Austin, Texas
“Better Than Expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The reviewers have not been kind to Miami Sun Hotel. I stayed there for three nights recently and really enjoyed myself. It is a budget hotel. The place is old. it is weathered but I found it acceptable. I have stayed at other budget hotels and Miami Sun was neither better nor worse. It is in a great location. The area is very safe during the daytime and evening hours. I would be cautious late at night. Staff was helpful. Room was basic but bed was good. Hotel was very quiet. I would recommend it for those on a budget. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: If you do not smoke, ask for room in non-smoking area.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank bostonphil777

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Polish first
Weinfelden, Switzerland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

It's a good distance away from Ultra but that's about the only good thing I can say about this place. The rooms are more than filthy, I would have never lasted 4 nights in there if I hadn't brought my own sheets, blanket, and pillows. I would advice anyone to do that! Don't forget to ask for your deposit on the key back; the receptionist won't remind you.

Barbados
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

Terrible! Couldn't believe they call this place a hotel. This is a dump. The toilet wasn't working, the bathroom sink was coming off the wall, the floor tiles were broken, the elevator had a mouldy odour and the house keeping service sucked.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank walaBarbados
Greenwood, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the Miami Sun Hotel with 3 other friends when we came down to Miami for Ultra Music Festival. This hotel was PERFECT for us!!!! It was BY FAR the cheapest room you will ever find in downtown Miami, and it was only 2 blocks away from Bicentenial Park (the Ultra Venue). This was perfect, becasue you will not be able to find a cab anytime around the open or close of ULTRA, and our hotel was only a 5 minute walk to and from the festival. The room was kind of small, (shower is tiny), but that is not at all a complaint, since we paid less than 1/4 what we would have paid anywhere else in downtown that close to the bay. The staff at The Miami Sun was probably the most personable staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. They were always there with helpful advise about nearby dining, nightlife, and other assorted accomodations nearby. I will be going back to Ultra Fest next year, and I can't imagine staying ANYWHERE else but the Miami Sun Hotel!!!

11 Thank Kyle M
guadalajara
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

The room had dirty sheets. Old pizza behind the closet. We had a reservation for four nights. We could only put up with it for one night. When we tried to get our money back, the manager tried to penalize us one night. Finally, she gave us our money back for the remaining nights. She told us if we were to complain to any internet travel sites,she would charge our credit card. I would never use an internet travel that has this hotel on its webpage.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Christopher G
Naugatuck, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2012

Its worth the money you pay for in the long run. I overheard a conversation of someone trying to book a room in the lobby and the guy at the desk said if you find a cheaper hotel we will beat it by $20. So the price is what you get. Although I did find that my TV didnt work, there was food in the microwave from the last peoples booking and the shower runs a bit weird and you have to play with it, it overall wasnt a bad hotel if all your looking to do is sleep and leave. I slept 3-4 hours a night and then I was out of there in which the hotel is near many bus stops and its right around the corner from multiple weekend clubs and the american airline arena.

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank B B
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Compared to the price of any other hotel in Miami this is worth it! You get what you pay for here, so don't expect room service and fancy hotel rooms! For the amount of time you will be in the room the price is awesome!

The hotel doesn't care if extra people stay in your room, and there is no complaints for partying - why would you want to stay ANYWHERE ELSE (Unless your rich and cost of room doesn't matter)

As for the reviews about the bad neighborhood - your in downtown Miami what part of town did you want to stay in? Honestly though my whole time in Miami (9 days) I never once felt scared for my life walking around downtown Miami at night sometimes by my self!!!!

BEST PART - it was 3 blocks from the Ultra Music Festival grounds, and super close to some of the best Miami Music week parties (walking distance because you WILL NOT get a cab in Miami that week!)

Basic Room - Awesome Personable Service - Crap load of money saved on Hotel - WIN!

5 Thank LakeL0u1se