“the worst hotel I've stayed...”
Review of Miami Sun Hotel

Miami Sun Hotel
Ranked #106 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed March 15, 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank df L

Reviewed January 26, 2012

The dirtiest, smallest rooms, very very bad condition.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Suchi R
Reviewed December 7, 2011

if you want a simple yet clean room in a great location stay here the staff are super friendly and they helped me out big time I could pay day by day at the start of my stay cos my pay check never went though they didn't make me feel like a burden they were too cool understanding trusting about it there are also two really cool barber shops close by nyc style and a fresh hiphop clothing store and corner store and 3 min from college north people mover station what more could u want I was very happy and i stay 7 nites and got 2 free yeeeeha

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank elizabeth e
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Priceline.com really let me down with this hotel or should I say rent by the hour house filled with real like “SAW” horror. We were greeted by crack heads and homeless people in the lobby and people up to no good outside on the streets.

I know you are probably saying why didn’t you just leave!?! Well, it was late after the football game and we had been traveling all day and just needed to get a few hours rest before getting back on the road so we decided to stay. Plus, we had already pre-paid through Priceline.com (which is a website I use for all my travel until now). I have a reservation to stay here again in March for Ultra that I also booked through Priceline.com which I will be cancelling now after this experience.

If, you plan on staying at this hotel make sure to bring “protection” or 5 bodyguards. There was what looked like to be blood on the walls and in the bathroom next to the toilet like a vein had squirted out blood from a heroin addicts arm. The shower was a 2 foot by 2 foot hole in the floor in front of the toilet that made you feel more disgusting after a shower. The bathroom had 100’s of ants that were traveling from the shower around the toilet, up the walls, in and out of the AC unit.

After a few hours of not sleeping because the bed was only big enough to sleep a small dog. We had enough and decided it was time to get on the road earlier than we had planned because the hotel was so bad. But before we could go we had to fight off huge ants as they had taken over my purse in the middle of the night. We dumped my purse out on the bed and ants flew out of every inch of my purse. I know you are probably thinking “ants” that would be the least of my worries after everything else you have been saying but really these were crazy huge ants with wings! After killing as many as we could on the floor we grabbed my purse to leave but then realized that the little ants from the toilet were coming and attacking the huge ant carcasses on the floor. They were sawing apart the bigger ants and carrying them away in what looked a factory line. That was probably the sickest thing ever and it made you feel like they are all over you, crawling in your ears and in your hair!

As we were checking out I had mentioned to the lady at the front desk what we thought and she was not surprised at all. That confirmed with me right then that this was normal for her and that we would not be coming back. I hope that Priceline.com takes this off of their list and allows me to get my $300 refund for Ultra… they can keep my $60 for my horrible night but I can’t do that again in March.

As we were leaving we had to cross through yellow crime scene tape blocking off the Night Club which is down the street from the hotel. There must have been a murder or something while we were trying to sleep because it looked bad.

Enjoy the pictures of the flying ants!

Room Tip: Save your life and go to a different hotel.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank WorldTravelLady
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Spend an extra $20-30 a night and sleep somewhere else. At check in I had to kill a giant roach that was crawling by my shoe while standing at the front desk. The front desk lady did not look surprised and did not apologize.

The room smelled like it had been entirely underwater at some time. Mold and mildew everywhere. I was honestly afraid if I slept there I would be eaten alive by giant roaches while I slept. I ended up not staying the night there, I just couldn't deal with the smell. It started to give me headaches.

The pictures they have online make it look like its cheap but still clean. That is all a lie. This place should be shut down for health code violations. Avoid at all costs. No amount of money saved is worth the risk of staying here.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank valesyde
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you are looking for a cheap hotel in downtown Miami this is the place. Three friends and I stayed here for Ultra Music Festival. The rooms are basic and small, but the staff is super friendly courteous! Would totally recommend this spot for budget savvy 18-30 year olds.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank dirtshot138
Reviewed June 7, 2011

yes, the hotel is cheap but it is a dumpster, seriously. My wife and I wished we had slept in our car instead of staying in this trash. Not only that, but also the surrounding area is so dangerous and we were advised not to walk alone after 8PM. All night long there was a crowd of people fighting outside and we could not sleep. Therefore, at about 5:30AM we decided to check out and put an end to our horror night. When checking out, we were appalled to see the night-shift receptionist along with the two night guards all dancing to blaring rap beats. Definitely, one of the guards was drunk: I asked him about some directions and I could tell he was wasted. This trash hole deserves less than a zero rating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple