Miami Sun Hotel
Hilton Miami Downtown(Miami)(Great Value!)
$217
  • Breakfast included
$173
$153
  • Restaurant
Regency Hotel Miami(Miami)(Great Value!)
$119
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay(Miami)(Great Value!)
$299
FourSeasons.com
$151
$127
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Spend an extra $20-30 a night and sleep somewhere else. At check in I had to kill a giant roach that was crawling by my shoe while standing at the front desk. The front desk lady did not look surprised and did not apologize.

The room smelled like it had been entirely underwater at some time. Mold and mildew everywhere. I was honestly afraid if I slept there I would be eaten alive by giant roaches while I slept. I ended up not staying the night there, I just couldn't deal with the smell. It started to give me headaches.

The pictures they have online make it look like its cheap but still clean. That is all a lie. This place should be shut down for health code violations. Avoid at all costs. No amount of money saved is worth the risk of staying here.

4  Thank valesyde
Reviewed June 16, 2011

If you are looking for a cheap hotel in downtown Miami this is the place. Three friends and I stayed here for Ultra Music Festival. The rooms are basic and small, but the staff is super friendly courteous! Would totally recommend this spot for budget savvy 18-30 year olds.

2  Thank dirtshot138
Reviewed June 7, 2011

yes, the hotel is cheap but it is a dumpster, seriously. My wife and I wished we had slept in our car instead of staying in this trash. Not only that, but also the surrounding area is so dangerous and we were advised not to walk alone after 8PM. All night long there was a crowd of people fighting outside and we could not sleep. Therefore, at about 5:30AM we decided to check out and put an end to our horror night. When checking out, we were appalled to see the night-shift receptionist along with the two night guards all dancing to blaring rap beats. Definitely, one of the guards was drunk: I asked him about some directions and I could tell he was wasted. This trash hole deserves less than a zero rating.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Saleh2011
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This hotel was amazing, in every aspect. From the moment we walked in we were warmly welcomed by Doris, who was very accomadating to our last minute changes. She helped us navigate miami and waz very kind. This hotel is located next to a deadmau5 barber shop that has music all day and night outside. And the best cuban bodega in the city is right next store...simply delicious. We will stay here every time we come to miami.

• Stayed: March 2011
3  Thank Raveharder
Reviewed March 21, 2011

To start this review I will say that the prices for this hotel are very cheap, but of course you get what you pay for. Upon checking in you will be greeted by a very rude receptionist, and im not basing that on one individual im basing that on the entire staff of the hotel. Very unpleasent employees. Now onto to the room. If being roommates with mice and mold doesnt bother you than the room should be just fine. They are small, dirty and smell. If you look at the ceiling and walls you will quickly discover mold and water damage and leakage coming through. Gross is the only word to describe the rooms. The beds are old and just as filthy and you can bet your bottom dollar you will be spending the night with bed bugs. Not to mention being extremely uncomfortable. The bathrooms are just as out dated and neglected. I have no good things to say about the rooms in this hotel.
Being in Miami the hotel has an alright location just minutes away from south beach and etc. HOWEVER! beware that it is not in the greatest area of Miami.
All in all I do not recommend this hotel to anyone. Its old, dirty and neglected. The building is mold infested and really out dated. You will not enjoy any part of this hotel or your time in Miami if you are staying at the Miami Sun Hotel.
I would also like to mention this is my first review I have ever written about a hotel, it ruined my vacation so much that I do not want anyone else wasting their time or money here. This hotel disgusted me so much that I want to inform anyone thinking of booking here. Its not a good deal its a rip off!

4  Thank davidttr