“Priscilla Queen of the Desert "MUST SEE!!"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Concerts & Shows in Miami
Miami
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Priscilla Queen of the Desert "MUST SEE!!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I love to go to Broadway Shows, Off Broadway Shows, you name it. Have seen very good and entertaining shows, beautiful shows, some I loved because of the music, others because of the staged and make-up art great in their own right and also have loved some shows because of the talent in the show. But, I have never seen a show with all the above qualities put together like “Priscilla, Queen of the Desert.” I was drawn magically into the stage and engrossed with the music and the whole show. Every scene had special customs matched with the right songs and great sounds and with the right funny lines. If you are like me you need to see this show and I am lucky to have seen it at the Adrianne Arsht Center State of the Art Theater.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Love_travel_a_lot_8

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Aventura, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Priscilla Queen of the Desers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

The "An Hlliad" brings alive the struggle between Achilles and Hector, the battle and fall of Troy and the beautiful woman who caused it all. You will have to see the show to see who wins the epic battle the show is all about. Very special.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank joseph1227
Fort Lauderdale
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“If you like you show interrupted then enjoy!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I went to see Les Miz here about 1 month ago and was completely disturbed by how the ushers allowed people to enter the theater so late in the show. Not only that, but the people could not find their seats so the ushers had their flashlights on. They need to lock the door 15 minutes are the show starts and let those late persons WAIT until the intermission. It completely ruined our show experience.

1 Thank yoadrian1
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The sound system is crisp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you are in town and can catch a show, please do. The sound system is incredible. We took our family to see Les Miserables and it was an experience to remember.

1 Thank Zuly7360
South Florida, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“A disappointing "Fela!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I decided to visit the Arsht Center on my last night in Miami. When I lived in South Florida, this didn't exist so I was eager to give it a whirl. The center is striking from a distance. However, up close I was disappointed in the choice of some of the materials, which seemed cheap. The finishes could be better, but there appears to have been obvious cost-cutting in the bathrooms and on the grounds. I was also disappointed that a facility with so much glass did not make better use of lighting. Even the darkened Knight Hall should have been lit to take advantage of its facade and roof. As it were, large swaths just seemed uninviting, but again this struck me as an attempt to save money.

I was also disappointed in the touring production of "Fela!"I had never been overly eager to see it in New York or Washington but decided to give it a whirl. I was unable to connect with the disjointed story line, and the sound system was way too loud. My seats in the center of the second tier provided an excellent vantage point, but I left at intermission because I just wasn't enjoying the show.

I look forward to another visit to give the Arsht a second chance.

2 Thank GlenhavenTraveler

Travelers who viewed Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County also viewed

Been to Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County? Share your experiences!