“The sound system is crisp.” 5 of 5 stars

Private Minibus City Tour of Miami with optional Biscayne Bay Boat Tour
Ranked #1 of 24 Concerts & Shows in Miami
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The sound system is crisp.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

If you are in town and can catch a show, please do. The sound system is incredible. We took our family to see Les Miserables and it was an experience to remember.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Zuly7360

• Chinese (Traditional) first
South Florida, Florida
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“A disappointing "Fela!"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I decided to visit the Arsht Center on my last night in Miami. When I lived in South Florida, this didn't exist so I was eager to give it a whirl. The center is striking from a distance. However, up close I was disappointed in the choice of some of the materials, which seemed cheap. The finishes could be better, but there appears to have been obvious cost-cutting in the bathrooms and on the grounds. I was also disappointed that a facility with so much glass did not make better use of lighting. Even the darkened Knight Hall should have been lit to take advantage of its facade and roof. As it were, large swaths just seemed uninviting, but again this struck me as an attempt to save money.

I was also disappointed in the touring production of "Fela!"I had never been overly eager to see it in New York or Washington but decided to give it a whirl. I was unable to connect with the disjointed story line, and the sound system was way too loud. My seats in the center of the second tier provided an excellent vantage point, but I left at intermission because I just wasn't enjoying the show.

I look forward to another visit to give the Arsht a second chance.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank GlenhavenTraveler
florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“beautiful facility”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Great venue with convenient parking. Terrific opera and other events.Nice restaurant on premises. Close to downtown Miami and highway.

Visited February 2013
Miami, Florida
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Gorgeous place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I loved the architecture, and the place was really nice in every sense. Well organized. Big parking area. We went to see STOMP, and the surrounded sistem was great.

Visited January 2013
Bangkok, Thailand
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Miami much more than beach shop and party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This city amaze me more everyday. Cultural life it's been improving
Ths Art center has a great program there is always something interesting to see
The location is easy to access in the center of the city

Visited November 2012

Travelers who viewed Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County also viewed

Been to Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County? Share your experiences!