“Why? What? Where? Hot Seat?”
Review of Seaspice

Seaspice
Reserve with OpenTable
Seaspice is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #112 of 4,187 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Miami's hottest spot for amazing seafood and beautiful waterfront dining. Enjoy our happy hour or join us for an evening of fine dining. Our menu is a testament to our sophisticated techniques and commitment to high quality. Make a reservation today to come in and celebrate your senses!
Miami, Florida
“Why? What? Where? Hot Seat?”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

It's a puzzle when trying to understand the buzz about a relatively new restaurant. Seasalt & Pepper is one of the hottest seats in MIA at the moment. The decor and vibe have a cool factor that's hard to beat right now. Beautiful people abound. I was really pleased and happy to be dining here from the initial entrance until seated at the table. The service was quite good especially seeing how hard our server was working attending us and his other stations. The food....meh. There were 6 of us. No one left the restaurant raving about the food. One in our party had to send his appetizer back (the roasted onion) as it was served frigidly cold in a little cast iron skillet. When it was brought back warm, it was undercooked. The sauce was reminiscent of Chef Boy Ardee. The fennel apple salad although sounding delicious was not eaten as it was too pickled. One friend ate one bite of her shrimp and determined that they weren't fresh and had a bad taste. She didn't bother to send back. 2 of us had the baby clams which we enjoyed. The broth was very tasty, however when we asked for bread to dunk into the broth we were brought the same naan that was served when we sat down. That just didn't work for us. All in all, the consensus was that the food was sub par for a restaurant with so much hype and so much potential. I will give them a few more months and try again. But, all in all was very disappointed.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank luvadish

• Greek first
Luxembourg
“Cool decor, stylish crowd, food: average”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

There seems to be a lot of talk about this place lately, so we tried it out for lunch. Loved the view on the river, spacious indoor/outdoor locale, high ceilings, unique decor. Service was average but you could add they were trying to be professional, however, trying is often not enough. We did not mind it, the venue is very eye-pleasing and there was enough around us to keep us busy while waiting. Attractive crowd, the river setting etc. Food : while waiting we were served a big focaccia bread that had to be cut in pieces to share with our party. Would have preferred some smaller portions, it required work to cut it in pieces and pass it around the table. I ordered two appetizers, that is usually where chefs try to be creative, being the first impact with your taste buds… I ordered the Zuchini Croquettes. It was mild and had the right texture, maybe lacked a little salt, served with two sauces that spiced it up a bit. Then I had the Braised Mediterranean Calamari and Artichokes, tasty and original but way too much garlicky for my delicate palate. To sum it up I don't know that the food experience is worth the price, probably not. But as far as trying a new, popular venue, it left an impression. As far as I am concerned, nowhere near excellent.

• Visited March 2014
Nr London
“A dining experience on the river”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I read about this restaurant in one of the travel magazines. Our greeting could have been more welcoming, sadly the girls seemed distracted. Otherwise we had the choice of a table inside the buzzy restaurant or riverside, we chose riverside but moved to a shady spot when it became too hot & there was no umbrella.
We enjoyed a delicious lunch there, whilst staying a few days in South Beach. A taxi ride to a not so fashionable area of Miami & we found the riverside restaurant. A very busy & friendly venue with a menu which wasn't too large but had some very tasty fish choices, we chose well by the guidance of our very friendly waiter & started off our meal with a Melon Martini, which we highly recommend.
Great place, would definitely recommend for delicious food & waiter service.

• Visited February 2014
Recife, PE
“BEST RESTAURANT WITH VIEW IN MIAMI”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Trendy, see to be seen, new hotspot in Miami.
At lunch time there are several business men around.
The wonderful view of Miami Canals and ships create a perfect atmposphere for a white wine or a mexican beer!
The plates are huge.
You are easily able to share with someone.
At evenings a dj take place

• Visited March 2014
“Good food but...”
Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and picked this restaurant for lunch on our way out of Miami. As the hostess was attempting to seat us our soon-to-be server waved her on to another table since he was clearly too busy. A few minutes after we were seated he stopped by to say he'd be with us in about 5 minutes which ended up being accurate. When my drink arrived it was obvious he had forgotten my wife's wine. I have a food allergy so I navigated the menu to be the best of my abilities and gave the server my two options. Knowing that gratuity is included I wasn't surprised at all when I received the dish that was $15 more expensive. Like the title says the food was good but not enough to make up for unattentive service. We finished our entrées but had to wait at least 10 minutes for them to be cleared. Not to mention having empty glasses the entire time. Definitely not worth the $150 we spent on lunch.

Been to Seaspice? Share your experiences!