“Easy access from MIA” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gator Park

Gator Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit us deep in the Everglades! At Gator Park you will see all sorts of wildlife as you take an Airboat Ride into the Everglades National Park!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
The Villages, Florida
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 78 helpful votes
“Easy access from MIA”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

We needed something to do while we waited for a late afternoon flight and Gator Park was nearby. This was a combined airboat ride and presentation about alligators and other creatures; scorpions and toads. The ride was very quick thru a sawgrass trail, maybe 30 minutes and the tour guide was very informational. I have been an Everglades rides that were much longer and more memorable because they zip and turn and spin thru mangrove trees which simply is not the ecology of this close-to MIA attraction, so I left disappointed.After the ride I felt really sorry for the alligator that was penned in the sand environment "conditioned" not to move. (That was the word they used.) They assured us he was not drugged which of course put the notion in my head that he was. You can't get out without going thru the gift store.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Ventura, California
“Highly Recommend a trip to Gator Park”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

Excellent, clean, organized attraction. Highly enjoyed the air boat ride through the Everglades and the animal/gator presentation.

Visited June 2014
“Garyline made it amazing!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time traveling with garyline tours. We had awesome tour guides who were funny and informative.

Gurnee, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Nice tour of the Miami Everglades (and a couple of gators)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

The first thing on my mind when planning for a Miami trip was to tour the Everglades and catch some gator actions. I have always wanted to ride the airboat ever since I saw it in an old TV series called Everglades (circa 1961-62). I didn't realize there were so many Everglades tour to choose from. After long hours of reading the reviews and searching for deals, I decided to choose Gator Park.

For obvious reasons, Gator Park offers cheaper admission if you buy their tickets online ($5 off) which makes them the cheapest admission among others, plus they provide free earplugs too (for the loud airboat engine noise). On top of this, they also have coupons on their website for some deals (including free gator tooth). If you can't get to the computer, they have coupons at the hotels too, but the coupon is only for $3 off.

If you buy the tickets online, you can pay by credit card or PayPal. I chose to pay via PayPal since I just had to click on the link and logon to PayPal without having to enter all the info needed for a credit card payment. However upon showing my receipt at the park counter, I had to wait about 15 minutes for them to verify my PayPal payment has gone through. This was not cool for me since I already have a printed receipt from PayPal showing that I have made the payment. The wait wasn't necessary at all. Finally I got the tickets after the cashier realized it was too long a wait.

The 30-minute airboat ride was really fun. Although we had our ears plugged, we could still hear the guide's loud voice explaining about the area. I was expecting a lot of gators around, but we could only see three gators during the trip. There a variety of plants around as well as herons and turtles.

The best part of the tour is the gator show where we can see this guy wrestling a gator up close. Finally we had the chance to hold a baby gator for a donation of $3. In summary, we enjoyed the tour and it was worth the $18 admission fee.

1 Thank fariffin
Monte Sereno, California
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“What a blast!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The airboat ride was a highlight of our whole Keys trip. We only saw a few alligators, but after having a tour of the Everglades where we saw many gators, we were there for the boat ride. It was a blast and the wildlife show afterward was short, but very interesting and fun, too. A must in the Everglades.

Visited June 2014

Been to Gator Park? Share your experiences!