WINNER WONDERLAND

“Tourist Trap--in a good way” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gator Park

Gator Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit us deep in the Everglades! At Gator Park you will see all sorts of wildlife as you take an Airboat Ride into the Everglades National Park!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Tourist Trap--in a good way”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I went here as a tourist and went to see gators in the Everglades--and, boy, did we see them! The air-boat ride was awesome, on which our guide was kind, patient, and informative. He gave us plenty of time to snap photos and was a very good driver. I also saw the wildlife show, where a man wrestles an alligator. Now that was cool!

You can also eat alligator here, though I did not.

Yes, it is a tourist trap and the items in the gift shop are horrible overpriced ($8 for a regular sized magnet!) but this was exactly what I wanted to do, conveniently packaged in one place.

• Czech first
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best airboat ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Worth the visit! The airboat ride was fun and we were able to spot atleast 5 or 6 aligators and a no. Of birds in the vicinity. It's a 20 min ride and the instructor kept it very interesting. After the ride we had a good 15 min Aligator wrestling show and u will be able to carry a baby aligator after the show for photo-shoot. Don't miss this place if u are in Miami.

1 Thank Shobana N
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Can't Lose”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

When hit with a string of out of towners visiting (in the winter months is usually a constant stream), I usually send my guests on their own if not escorted by MOI personally to my favorite South Florida tourist spots. The keys, the beach, Saw Grass and the Everglades. I'm not going to rent a bike and actually ride through Shark Valley but I will go to Gator Park and sit on an airboat and see some gators and that will be my out-doorsey contribution for the month. Haven't been there in a few years so was surprised how big the location has gotten but still had maintained the family run charm. Staff and tour guides are entertaining as always and show was a hit.
Since I was out there, I hit up the U Pick farms in homestead and picked up the most amazing tomatoes and strawberries.
All in all, the day was a smash hit with my guests which at the end of the day is all I can ask for.
Oh and having my guests write on their facebook that they tried gator bites and frog legs for the first time...priceless...(actually quite good!!!!)

1 Thank Yoko T
Canada
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“An interesting tourist trap.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Gator Park is located approximately 30 minutes from Miami and for the price of admission offers an airboat ride and a presentation followed by a photo opportunity. The airboat ride is exhilarating but only lasted 35 minutes and while we saw some birds, we only saw one adult alligator and a couple of babies. Our tour guide, Thomas, was entertaining and gave us some interesting information about the Everglades. The presentation afterwards was fun and we got to see a baby alligator up close and alligator wrestling with a 7 year old specimen. For an addition $3.00 a photo with a small alligator can be taken. We didn't sample any of the food onsite. Be sure to save coupons from the tourist pamphlets for a $4.00 discount per person or reserve your tickets online to save on the admission fee.

Visited January 2014
Key Largo, Florida
“Great time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

They are closely located to Miami like ten minutes away from the micisuci casino, and they have all you can ask for from a park in the tamiami trail. I've been there a few times there with family and friends, they have nice wild life show that depending on the time of year or host has an assortion of animal, always the alligator! And airboat ride that depending on the captain can be family friendly, or better for the adrenalin junkies!

Visited December 2013

Been to Gator Park? Share your experiences!