New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“everglades” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Gator Park

Gator Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit us deep in the Everglades! At Gator Park you will see all sorts of wildlife as you take an Airboat Ride into the Everglades National Park!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Killam, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“everglades”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was truly an amazing experience. To learn about the alligators was interesting. To find them them among the grass and
banks was something else, they blend in and sometimes hard to see.

• Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New England - USA
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“Exciting Airboat Ride; So-So Wildlife Show”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I loved the airboat ride at Gator Park. The pilot was extremely skilled, and we enjoyed some thrills in fast motion. He kept up a humorous and knowledgeable patter about alligators, the ecosystem in the Everglades, its flora and fauna, the uniqueness of the Everglades in the entire world, the cycles of its wet and dry seasons, the sawgrass, etc. He made several stops so we could take pictures. I enjoyed the airboat ride very much. There was a short wildlife show that followed. I have seen several shows such as this in Florida. This one was okay, but nothing special. The host seemed like he was going through the motions only. I am sure he has done this show hundreds of times before, but he could have been a bit more enthusiastic. Still, overall this is a good attraction, well worth visiting.

Detroit, Michigan
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“30 minute airboat ride and 15 minute gator show”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Being from metro Detroit I was really looking forward to seeing aligators and the other wildlife talked about on the Gator Park website. My travel companion and I enjoyed the 30 minute airboat ride. We saw several large turtles, a bunch of baby aligators sunning themselves on a grass patch and two adult alligators. I would have LOVED a longer airboat ride, but not so much that I would have paid the price of the many area private or semi private airboat tours.

My opinion of the Gator park experience ia that it is essentially a snack and gift shop with $22 tickets for a 30 minute airboat ride and 15 minute alligator show. The entire experience was entertainment of about 45 minutes. The price is fair for what you get given the cost of other longer and more personalized airboat rides. Just don't show up expecting hours of entertainment and activity.

Minnesota
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Not What I Expected”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

We visited Gator Park as an excursion after our cruise ship got back into Miami and before going to the airport.
We arrived at Gator Park around 8:30 a.m. on January 26th. We were the first boat of the day to take off through the everglades.
There were a lot of people packed into the boat and at the time I was glad to have an end seat so I could take pictures. After a slow ride down the river, we put in our ear plugs and speeded into the open everglades. Another boat was crossing our wake and the "hot shot" driver must have thought it cute to swerve the boat - therefore getting everyone on the left side of the boat wet. Because it was a cool morning, I was wearing a sweatshirt, which got soaked, as well as my hair. Fortunately I was able to cover my camera. I was so disgusted - I was speechless! I didn't need to get wet with muddy swamp water before flying home after a vacation. The driver made no effort to apologize for his "show off" behavior. If there had been any mention in the beginning that people sitting on the ends would get wet, I certainly wouldn't have sat there.

This was not worth the money we paid for our time at Gator Park.

Visited January 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
“Great for kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Recently visited with my 8 year old son who is crazy for science and the outdoors.
Being able to touch the alligators at the Alligator Show afterwards was a major plus! (while mom stood far behind) :)
Extremely convenient and definitely super fun! Would definitely return!

Visited January 2013

Been to Gator Park? Share your experiences!