“just ok” 3 of 5 stars
Review of HistoryMiami

HistoryMiami
101 West Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33130 (Downtown)
305 375 1492
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #37 of 215 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: HistoryMiami is the premier cultural institution committed to gathering, organizing, preserving and celebrating Miami's history as the unique crossroads of the Americas.
Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I love Miami and I love South Florida history, but I was just lukewarm on this place. I wish it had more.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank grlantrn13

Cesena, Italy
566 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2,927 helpful votes
“not worthwhile if u pay the ticket”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

we suggest to visit this musuem on the second saturday of the month 'cos it's free otherwise the ticket of 8 usd would be really too much for it.
the collection is poor and there is nothing really impressive.
i m sure that you could find many better ways to expalin and tell the history of this amazing city.
don't forget to visit it on the second saturday of each month.
;-)

Visited February 2013
4 Thank Mark B
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
52 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Everything you Wanted to Know About Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This museum provided a real history of the Miami area with artifacts, pictures and narratives tracing the history and growth of Miami. It was interesting and along with the Miami Museum of Art next door provided a nice cultural afternoon.

Visited January 2013
bedford
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stumbled onto the museum just after getting off the transit system. Entertaining history of the area. The special exhibit about Teens was very enjoyable.

Visited November 2012
Illinois
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good background for a trip to Miami”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I first went to the Miami Art Museum. That was extremely disappointing, so I hoped the history museum would make my longer-than-expected walk down Flagler worthwhile. And it did! I really enjoyed my time there. For me, knowing a little about a city's history adds to my appreciation of the place. At HistoryMiami, I learned about not only Miami but also southern Florida and a bit of the Caribbean.

Visited September 2012

Been to HistoryMiami? Share your experiences!