“Service is really really bad”
Review of Verde

Verde
Ranked #292 of 5,015 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in the Pérez Art Museum Miami with sweeping views of Biscayne Bay, is a modern, casual restaurant with both indoor & outdoor seating.
Reviewed October 18, 2018 via mobile

Minimal portions, no bread, food average, noise from freeway. Setting is nice, breeze in the afternoon. Seems they are doing you a favor serving you.

Date of visit: October 2018
VerdeM12, Owner at Verde, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent visit. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the ambiance, but we want you to enjoy all aspects of your visit. There are many unique elements that make our food quite distinct. We're disappointed to hear that your server was inattentive -- usually, our staff is willing and eager to answer questions and explain the different flavor elements in our dishes and where they come from. We regret that you didn't get the full experience when you dined with us, but we do hope you'll be open to visiting us again -- if not for dinner, then for brunch. Your thoughts about our food and service are always welcome, so don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything else you'd like us to know.

Reviewed September 5, 2018

Such a clean chic ambiance, with a very tasty and simple menu. Highly recommend for a date or anytime....you can sit there all day taking in the views.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 14, 2018

The café is casual and its menu is also nice for a light lunch. The best part
is that it was all beautifully served and delicious.
Do plan to have a very good lunch in the back terrace of Perez Museum

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 8, 2018 via mobile

On a recent visit to the museum to see exhibitions, we made a special date of Sunday brunch to catch up beforehand. This elegantly designed restaurant can fill up quickly, especially during the season, (Thanksgiving through Memorial Day) so I highly suggest making advance reservations. We arrived early, cruising through PAMM’s fabulous gift shop on the way. Our delightfully cool, indoor (air conditioned) table was ready without a wait. Plentiful seating was also available outside on their patio, with both dining areas offering sweeping views of Biscayne Bay. The waiter saw to us immediately and was thoughtful enough to bring a water bowl for my small service dog, without having to be asked. I’ve always had excellent service here and this trip was no exception.

Verde offers a selection of handcrafted cocktails which feature fresh ingredients and top shelf labels, in addition to fine wines and ales. I rarely eat eggs or meat, so brunch can be a tricky meal for me. I opted for a starter of tuna tartare with horseradish and potato crisp — which while fresh, was a very small portion (even for an appetizer) and a little too spicy for my taste. My friend ordered the Pérez Chopped salad, a melange of Romain, radicchio, corn, pepitas, garbanzo beans, cucumber, carrot, avocado, and Parmesan, with a Green Goddess dressing. All just okay except the chickpeas were MIA. Her husband chose wisely and enjoyed one of the various pizzas featured on the menu. His was a sausage and Ricotta with kale pesto and chili flake. You just cannot go wrong with one of Verde’s artisanal pies. The very best item however, was the dessert of a Greek yogurt Panna cotta drizzled with a fresh mango sauce flecked with chili, and topped with micro greens, which was extremely tart and very tasty! I’ve had inspired meals here in the past, and although this was a good one too, I’m not sure I will return for Sunday brunch again.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed June 20, 2018

Another great meal at the outdoor seating. Asparagus salad, salmon, mussels, and a cheeseburger kept three very different diners very happy. Prices are high ($16 for a cheeseburger with fries), but you're paying for the location and the VIEW.

Date of visit: April 2018

Been to Verde? Share your experiences!