“Not impressed. ”

89 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Not impressed. ”
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I came to Bongo's with a friend on a Friday night before my cruise, looking to experience a little Miami nightlife and have some fun. My entry was $15, his was $20, and that included 1 drink. There was a live band and salsa dancing. The overall vibe and atmosphere the night I went was just ok. Maybe it was the crowd that night, I don't know. We left after about an hour because we just weren't feeling it, and I don't really have a desire to go back. I can't comment on the food, but I didn't see anything on the menu I was interested in ordering. At least the drinks were strong.

Charleston, South Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“If this is Cuban Food- It's tourist Cuban Food”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Pretty place yeah Gloria Estefan owns it but I does not make it a Cuban Food Restaurant.

Ceviche soggy, mojito's passable. It's more a nightclub areppa shredded Beef a traditional Cuban fair was ok the calamari fried where pre made frozen and if not they looked and tasted that way. Suggestion is to Pass on Bongo for food but go to party especially after a Miami Heat game. It's attached to the Miami Heat Venue. All and all it's an OK

Visited November 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Wonderful staff”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

We ate lunch on our last day in Miami looking for good Cuban food, we were not disappointed! The food was great I had lechon con arroz. But what stood out the most was the awesome service we had! An older gentleman I think his name is Hector was amazing very friendly and made us feel super comfortable, he gave us a suggestion to try the flan and he was right it was delish!! All and all very good, only down side is you have to pay $3 for parking, restaurant should really pick up that fee not the patrons.

Visited November 2013
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a nice time.”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Went with some girls friends looking to dance a little bit. I had a lot of fun. I ordered the mojito and it was good- not great. The bartender was just OK- he just did his job but didn't go out of his way to be friendly. My friend ordered the Cuban pork appetizer and it was tasty and good portions. The music was decent... there was a salsa contest and if you enjoy taking a break from dancing to watch-that can be a lot of fun. We went before 11 pm, so we didn't pay for cover. Not sure how much they charge, but I wouldn't pay to go there though...leave it for the big clubs. It was nice not to be feel harassed by creepy guys though...everyone seemed to be out for a good time and in the mood to dance, not creep.

Overall, nice place to go if you are in the mood to dance.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Luluz8
Las Vegas, Nevada
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Great Nigthclub”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I went with my boyfriend for a recomenadtion of a friend of his, the place is big it has to dacefloor one indoors and one outdoors with latin music. The drinks are very great you can find a cheap drink with a good alcohol quality, the beer is $6USD. This close until 5 am.

Try to be aerly so you do not have to pay cover

Visited June 2013