“Good seafood at fairly good price”
Review of The Fish House

The Fish House
Ranked #198 of 4,220 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Seafood, Peruvian
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: South Miami
Description: Mom and Pop eatery providing exceptional quality on the entire menu. Have been serving the neighborhood since January 8, 1996. Meals are cooked to order. The ambiance is nautical and relaxed. There is a music venue where Live Jazz and Blues is celebrated during the week, we call it BackRoom Live. We are mostly friendly and lovable.
Miami, Florida
“Good seafood at fairly good price”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I am giving them a good review, due to the food being good and service personnel being friendly and tried hard to take care of my order.

Ordered for pick-up:
Fried calamari, then grouper (not available) and had to settle for Mahi-Mahi, Fish tacos. All these with the portion of rice, beans, crackers, garlic sauce, fish paste, etc.

For dessert, we ordered the tartufo and tres leches (three milks) and here is where it went south. As I get there to pick-up the order, the bags were already "tight closed", so I asked straight up if "everything was there" and the answer was a solid "yes". But to no avail, got home, opened the bags and surprise, surprise...Dessert was not there (of course I paid for it).

I called back and explained the situation, they were apologizing and I will have to go there to get my credit back, as I was already far from the restaurant and not interested on dessert the following day.

One thing for sure, they were amicable and friendly...They were as well on the phone with me.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank M G

Nicosia, Cyprus
“Excellent sea food”
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Off the beaten track, but I am glad my friend suggested we go there. A rather rustic interior adds to the atmosphere. It was Tuesday night and, therefore, 50 cents oyster night! The seafood linguini was fantastic, as for the fisherman's soup it was out of this world. Good service.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Moniaits
Coral Gables, Florida
“Great fish and service!”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

Found this restaurant last week thru the internet as I was searching for a good fish place in Miami. My husband and I had such a great experience, great food and great service, that we returned again to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday this weekend. Beside the great food, our server, Marta, was such a pleasant and extremely friendly individual that it made us want to come back and ask for her. She truly is very customer focused and checked in on us frequently making sure our drinks were filled and that our food was to our tasting. The smoke fish dip that is served with crackers is absolutely awesome!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Griffie2014
Miami
“Always great seafood”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Well worth the visit. Have been to this restaurant several times and the seafood is always good. One of those neighborhood institutions that feel as if they'll be there forever.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank Hugomorales33
“Execellent, fresh seafood”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Fresh seafood cooked magnificently in a laid back atmosphere. Family friendly, affordable place. Worth stopping when visiting Miami. Enjoy!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank Getxo8

Been to The Fish House? Share your experiences!