“Great Rooms”

Ranked #53 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Rooms”
Reviewed September 10, 2006

The rooms were loveley. The bed was the best part of the room. It was very comfortable. I fell asleep almost instantly. It took way to long to get my food at the bar. The staff was great and very helpful. I alos enjoyed the Bath and Body works in the bathroom.

• Liked — The bed
  • Disliked — The wait at the restaurant
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Slimdiva77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed April 30, 2006

We ended up staying here for a night when the Northeastern blizzard in early February 2006 caused all flights to and from most of the northeast to be cancelled for 2 or 3 days. We were supposed to have left that night to go home and were stuck. We were in a $300 a night room, and the room was great by my standards... right now that's way above my budget. The down pillows and down blanket were a very nice luxury to have for a night. The front desk was very nice and accommodating as well, especially the supervisor who was working. The pool area is beautiful and so is the lobby. The restaurant was average, nothing great by any means. It is only a few minutes from the airport and the car rental places, but the area is not nice at all. Also they charge you to park in the parking lot unless you get the front desk to waive the fee, and I thought that was absolutely ridiculous.... I guess with expensive hotels you don't get anything for free huh? However despite those smaller things the overall experience was good.

• Stayed February 2006
6 Thank GoneTil9
Portland Oregon
Reviewed April 3, 2006

Stayed one night at the Airport Marriott in Miami. The lobby was beautiful and the front desk went out of their way to make us comfortable. Cold water, cookies, upgrade our room to a higher floor. Our room was very average with the bathroom ceiling creepy. The dropped tiles didn't fit and there were creepy dark gaps when you looked up while in the shower. This really bothered me. Maybe its just me.The shampoo and lotion were from body works. They were extra special. The restaurant had mediocre service, we waited almost an hour for burgers. Not sure I would stay here again for over 200 dollars per night.

6 Thank teriPortlandOregon
USA
Reviewed February 22, 2006

This hotel has a well-maintained lobby, although the rooms are extremely worn. I'm actually curious if the Courtyard in the complex is better appointed, especially since a lot of the Courtyards have been updated. The first room I received had issues around hair, etc., still lingering from a previous guest. The bathroom was so small that the toilet virtually touched the bathtub.

That said, the front desk was more than eager to change my room and upgrade my status for the inconvenience.

When calling the "one-stop" guest relations for room service, internet, and/or wake up call, the person on the line (the same person) was clearly tired of the calls. At the time I wished that I could have figured out how to call the front desk directly for simple questions like, "When does the shuttle arrive for the airport." Alas, I had to once again bother the Room Service person. The one-stop customer service only works if the person acts as if your inquiries are understandable. This was not the case when I stayed.

Also, I typically don't think about hotel location in terms of security, but I did notice how the hotel was set apart from the surrounding neighborhood by a rather serious gate and check-in point. I wasn't sure what to make of it. Were the community residents tired of the traffic from the hotel? Or, was the hotel trying to separate its guests from the surrounding community? It was definitely something that stuck out to me.

Stayed February 2006
5 Thank TheTravelFactor
Reviewed December 19, 2005

Fellow travellers,

we had our trip to the Florida Keys cancelled at the very last moment and ended up staying at the Marriot Miami airport with a grandstand view of Hurricane Wilma. None of this staying in the ballroom business ; they let us stay in our room and only made an announcement (on a loud hailer) when the building started shaking and we,(2 adults and 3 small children ) crouched together in the bathroom. All this whilst we were regular peeping out at the destruction that we could see through our wall to ceiling windows.

But the main reason for our high score was the fanatstic service; we came down to the lobby, with 3 hungry kids, to see complete carnage but great staff who were ready to serve breakfast, lunch and dinner despite broken lifts, no public transport and a limited bakery delivery!

Marriot may seem soulless when everything runs smoothly but when the going gets tough the staff get fantastic!

I'm not sure it would be my number 1 family destination but as a 1 night miami stopover on the way to some where else it will always be our 1st choice...particularly in the hurricane season!

The Grealey's

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 6, 2005

My stay at the Marriot Miami Airport did not go smoothly.

1. The hotel address is 1201 NW LeJeune. Yahoo and GPS didn't recognize this address. When I called the hotel and asked what I was missing, I was rudely informed that LeJeune and 42nd Ave. are the same. (The 42nd Ave. address is recognized.)
2. I was very surprised that they didn't have valet parking.
3. I called for room service around 8pm and it took over 1 hour and 20 minutes (after being told it would take no more than 35 minutes).
4. When room service finally arrived, they had forgotten to bring me a spoon for my soup. I called again and it took another 20 minutes to get a spoon.
5. The fitness center was marginal at best.

I often stay at Marriott Hotels while on business travel. I would not go back to the Marriot Miami Airport - two days was plenty.

• Stayed December 2005, traveled on business
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 28, 2005

We got put up here by our airline due to flight problems and although I cannot comment on cost, we were more than pleasantly surprised...Convenient shuttle from airport every 15 or 30 minutes...Only a few minutes ride from airport...Staff very very friendly and helpful...Cute giftshop and internet area (although server was down at the time)...Beds VERY comfy with nice sheets and down comforters and down pillows...Big TV with much selection...Even luxury soaps and shampoos...Bartennder was great and offered us a nice slection of wines...Slightly more costly dining than moderate prices, but DELICIOUS and nice presenation!!!...Our breakfast buffest for only $12 was HEAVEN (best eggs and french toast of my life)...Would definitely stay again and highly reccomend...A+

• Stayed January 2005, traveled on business
13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
awelc147, Director of Sales at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review! We are delighted to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Miami Airport Marriott and were able to enjoy all the facilities we have to offer including our Champions Sports Bar. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miami, FL and our hotel when your travels permit.

Hotel Management