“Always Satisfied ”

Miami Airport Marriott
Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

The entire staff at the property truly know how to treat their guests. Funny that I called myself a guest, I feel right at home when I here. The staff always "Welcomes Me Back" like family. The property is always clean and the rm is yummers! The opportunity to roll out of bed to a full service Starbucks makes everything great! Free parking for Elite Members, fab Resturant, lounge and meeting areas. I will be back!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We are Marriott loyal….We stayed two nights at this property.
Pros: Convenient to airport and cruise ports.
On site Hertz Car Rental.
Several shuttles to airport so wait to and from is very short.
All encounters with staff were superb.
Store is stocked with EVERYTHING you may have forgotten, swimsuits, flip-flops, sunscreen and even sun hats.
Restaurant in full service Marriott is good but a little expensive. Champions Grill in Courtyard has a large menu and is more reasonably priced.
Rooms are very clean though on the small side.
Accessible rooms are close to the elevators, have well equipped bathrooms though room itself is a little small for wheelchair maneuverability.
Complex includes three Marriott brands so you do have access to coin operated laundry machines in the Courtyard property. It is open 24/7 on the 4th floor. Courtyard front desk has laundry detergent!
Cons: On site parking fee and internet cost are ridiculously high.
Not many restaurants within walking distance.
Ice machines only on floors 4 & 6.
I recommend this hotel for 1 or 2 night layover trips.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank JkmW67
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel both times I was in Miami. Every member of the staff were very nice, knowledgeable and accommodating. The hotel was very clean and even smelled clean. Our bed was so comfortable! It is very conveniently located to the airport and major roads. I love how you can rent a vehicle and pick it up w/o leaving the hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel and I will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2014

Dear Julie19745,
I am extremely pleased to hear about your stay with us! I truly enjoy sharing feedback with my associates and thank you for choosing the Miami Airport Marriott. Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed one night at this hotel for business and it was very nice. The hotel public areas and rooms are immaculate, the staff friendly and the pool quite nice for an airport property.The rooms are standard Marriott, relatively spacious and nicely appointed. There is a Stabucks that is open very early, which is nice if you are on business or have an early flight. There is an easily accessible and easy to use computer in lobby for printing boarding passes. It is very convenient to the airport. Considering the proximity to the airport, the noise level is not bad. A few planes passed over head when I was at the pool, but not many. Now for the but...I am gold and I am used being upgraded to the concierge level (when available) or at least get my high floor preference. I am honestly not that picky, but when I checked in at 2pm (a little short of 3pm check in) they told me they had no high floor or concierge (they have 3 concierge floors in this hotel) rooms, but they had a room on level 3 ready. Being not a picky person and having traveled since 4am, I said fine. Well when I got to the room, it was dark. Interesting since it was bright sunny day. I went to the window and noticed a huge industrial unit sitting on the roof of the buidling to which my room was sitting on top of. So basically all odd 300 level rooms in this buidling are "interior" rooms with a huge unit blocking any sunlight. Honestly, they should have told me that when I checked in. It has nothing to do with the floor, but these rooms have no sunlight. So I called to see if I could change, but the front desk did not answer. I called back and the service helped me. They told me they were full and had no king rooms and moved me to double across the hall. They were nice about it, but in all my Marriott stays I have been given at least a "decent" room. So I did not get my floor preference, I ended up a single person in a room with two double beds and I had to change rooms. Not ideal. If they would have told me about the view up front I would have waited for another room. Not a big deal, but not ideal. I have just been assigned business territory in Miami so need to travel here a few times a month and I will try this hotel again, since it is convenient, clean and has a nice pool, but my vote is not in as to whether it will be my "home away from home" as originally planned. Another tip, the hotel shuttle from the airport is on level 2, not 1 with the taxi stand and there are no signs when you get out to level 2, which is acutally the departure level. Quite confusing. Then you just have to stand anywhere, look for the shuttle and flag it down. It comes pretty frequently though.

Room Tip: Do not stay in odd 300 level rooms, there is no sunlight because they look over a roof with a huge i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank momcat1959

Dear momcat1959,
Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and that the staff was friendly. I am sorry to hear that your room was unsatisfactory. We do our very best to provide the ultimate experience for our guests and I appreciate your feedback so that we can make the necessary improvements. I hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I stayed at this property for one night before travelling on to my final.destination. the property was immaculate, bed was extremely comfortable, excellent bedding and plenty of pillows. I dined in the sports.bar.p, food was delicious, highly recommend the appetizer tower for a group or family
Service in the restaurant and at the front desk was top notch. Staff greet you by name. As a previous customer service manager I find this to be very personable and welcoming. Although I didn't use the pool, it looked beautiful. Gym was excellent, great options available for exercising. I would highly recommend this property

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Jacqui G,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our hotel. Our goal is to provide our travelers an array of amenities, comfort and satisfaction. We hope that you come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We recently stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott while a family member was at the Jackson Memorial Hospital. From the moment we arrived the guys at the front bell desk were right there to ensure our trips between the hotel and hospital were taken care of. Notably Richard, Luis and Yuan made us feel like we were an extension of their families. They were able help us escape the extra stress and difficulty shuttling between the hospital and hotel. Great job guys and well be back under better circumstances to visit Miami again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear DCMiami,
I am happy to hear that Richard, Luis and Yuan made you feel most welcomed during your stay with us especially during unfavorable circumstances with your family member in the hospital, I’m very sorry to hear that. We strive for a carefree stay and an enjoyable one and I happy to hear we made that happen for you. Yes we look forward to hosting you again in sunny South Florida.

Reviewed February 9, 2014

I recently stayed at the Miami Airport Marriott for 3 days while on business. I arrived during peak commute time and was pleasantly surprised that I was picked up in less than 5 minutes by the Marriott shuttle. Upon my arrival I was greeted in the lobby with a welcome Mojito. Check in was a breeze and the front desk staff was so friendly and informative. I took advantage of their great fitness center which was very clean and had all new machines! The Starbucks in the lobby was perfect for grabbing something quick in the morning and the restaurant had a nice menu and the staff was attentive and even remembered me by name! No wait once again on my return shuttle ride back to the airport. I must say that I was quite impressed by this hotel and I hope to be able to return soon.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Rose B

Dear Rose B,
It gives me great pleasure to hear that we exceeded your expectations! We love to host brilliantly and we enjoy hearing from great experiences and sharing them with our associates. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to the Miami Airport Marriott.