“Lian Rodriguez”

Miami Airport Marriott
Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Lian is the outdoor valet for the hotel. She went above and beyond in her efforts to find the
mechanical problem that was found in my husband's car after it was sitting at the hotel parking lot while we were gone to Europe for 2 weeks.. She googled to find the fix for his car and also, wrote out complete directions for us to get to the highway as the roads are under construction. She was exemplary, and Marriott is lucky to have her. She is a gem!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Irving M
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to hear that Liam went above and beyond to assist you with your car issues during your recent stay. I will ensure to share your comments with her and her team.
Thank you for your review and we hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Positive: The front desk and bar/restaurant teams are stellar. They are friendly, professional, and patient. Basically, they make traveling a little easier by treating you so well. Good location also. Convenient free shuttle ride from airport.
Neutral: Some airplane noise on rare use of the flight path close to the hotel. Windows are not soundproof.
Negative: The morning housekeeping staff is extremely noisy. They woke me up by checking on neighboring rooms. The hallways in general are just very noisy.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SFOPhD

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the "stellar" comments about our staff. I will ensure to recognize them. I am sorry that you found our hallways noisy. We strive to do our best to provide a restful environment for our traveling guests.
We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

The hotel is only 5 minutes from Miami International airport by shuttle bus (tip - there are no actual stops for the shuttle bus, you just hail it like a London taxi). The hotel itself is not much to look at as you approach it but this is deceiving. The lobby, bar and restaurant look to have been recently refurbished and this area is smart, comfortable and spacious. I had booked a king room which was well presented, although the bathroom was quite small. The bar menu provided a good choice of sandwiches, burgers etc and the staff were friendly and efficient. The buffet breakfast the following morning was very good with a wide range of choices ( worth booking a room including breakfast as this is better value for money). A really good hotel for an overnight stay close to Miami airport.

Room Tip: Higher floors are better. Rooms can face the motorway so ask for one that does not.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank khjm99

Dear guest,

I am very pleased to hear about your recent experience with us. Thank you for taking the time review us. I am glad that you were able to enjoy our lobby, bar, and breakfast buffet.
We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night before going on a cruise the next morning and was absolutely astonished by the level of service provided by the vale attendant, I believe his name was Noah or Noel. When I arrived to the hotel, Noah welcomed us to the hotel/ escorted me and the family through the whole checking process and even took the bags to the room. On the way there I told him about having lost my I-pad and he immediately recommended a couple of spa’s / places nearby to help me take my mind off of it. By the time we came back down to go have to dinner, on his own he had called both the airline we flew in and the Loews hotel we had stayed in Orlando and it turned out they had it at the hotel and will be shipping it to my home address. The next morning as we were checking out, we saw Noah and he immediately came up to us, still remembered our name and called the transportation company we had booked to take us to the port of Miami to make sure they were there on time, with a bottle of water for each person in our group. I’ve stayed in great hotels such as the Ritz, Loews and other great Marriotts, but have never seen such great level of service and enthusiasm while working. Kudos to Noah and the Marriot hotel for the over the top service making this my favorite airport hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Eve F
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for posting a review. It is great to hear that Noel exceeded your service expectations. I will be sure to share your comments with him and the team.
We look forward to seeing you again soon on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Close to airport, delivering quality, service and friendliness exceeding expectations on an airport hotel.
Including Starbucks inside, offering fruit and yoghurt and best coffee.
Valet parking is fast and reliable, the bottle water in the for your departure shows respect and competence.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Okaloosa64

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear that we exceeded your expectations of an airport hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

To start off, in the interests of honesty & fairness, when we visited the hotel they had a plane load of guests descend on them unannounced. Our flight had been postponed for 26hrs & this is where the airline put us up for the night with food vouchers.

The front desk was very welcoming & the huge queue could not be blamed on them. They moved through at a good pace. The room was spacious for my family, decorated with a wonderful, modern feel & spotlessly clean. The hotel provides a fee shuttle bus to the airport. It also runs a shuttle bus to the two local shopping malls – the Dolphin Mall costs $10 per person. We caught a cab – 3 people – & it didn't cost us much more & got us there 3x as fast; especially if you consider how fast Miami cabbies drive! The mall is only about 15minutes away & well worth the visit.

There is free wifi in public areas; you pay for it in guest rooms. The wifi ran smoothly. As you can guess it meant the lobby was full of people, noses stuck to their ipads.

The food in the restaurant was delicious. The buffet they put on for breakfast & lunch was spot on. Of course, being a buffet there was very little waiting to be served. The chef was out & about with info & the waiters during the day were extremely friendly & funny.

Dinner service was unfortunately a different story. I give kudos to the front desk staff members who jumped in to help host. The food when it arrived was, like I say, delicious. Unfortunately this hotel was just not equipped to cope with a plane load of passengers filling its tables. With food vouchers it’s not like we would go anywhere else & time was of the essence because we all had a bus to catch back to the airport for our flight.

Subsequently it took about 20minutes to be seated. 20 minutes to be served & by the end we didn't get our meal till 2hours after we arrived in the restaurant. We had to pick it up & eat it on the move. We remained polite throughout but the waitresses were being rude in Spanish. A rookie mistake to assume we can’t speak Spanish ourselves. Even if you couldn’t understand the language the tone was bad enough. In the end hotel security was called for another table who weren’t as laid back as us. Ironically security was called because a waitress didn't like the way she was being spoken to. I don't condone any sort of bad manners but I found it ludicrous that it was ok for her to be rude to customers. During this time I got the impression all the waiters disappeared till security gave them the all clear.

The end result to what I am saying is this is a lovely hotel to stay in. It’s very convenient for malls & the airport. For the most part the staff are extremely pleasant & friendly but that goes out the window the minute some of them are stretched. There was no apology just a vibe of anger at us for having the audacity to wish for some food. Please be aware, at any given moment a plane load of people may descend on this hotel. If you are a regular guest this will not affect you unless you wish to eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. We truly appreciate our guest feedback as this is the best way for us to improve on our services.
Thank you for your comments regarding our front desk staff, restaurant and amenities. I am very pleased to hear that the check in experience moved at a good pace given the high volume of guests.
We hope to see you again soon on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I am a Platinum Marriott Customer (over 500 nites) This is the First time I have written on tTrip advisor about the Staff of the Hotel.

Two individuals Nick The Front desk Mgr and LIan theYoung lady who handled the hotel parking on the nite of 9/9 were outstanding---we had a long drive...our air-line res. was a mess

Nick took the time to get us a great room ,and Helped us with the Airline, Lian gave us some serious help in getting our car squared away. There's more but we just wanted to serve notice

that These two people are part of the reason we use Marriott

R Williams

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Mr. Williams,

Thank you for writing your first review on Trip Advisor about our hotel! We truly appreciate your feedback and recognition.
I will ensure that we share your comments with the staff and make sure that Nick and Lian are recognized for their excellent service. I am very happy to hear that they exceeded your expectations.

Thank you for staying with us and for being a loyal Platinum member.