WINNER WONDERLAND

Miami, Florida
“Wonderful stay!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The staff all AWESOME!
Andrew is the man at the front desk!
Maria & Brenda are just as good
Jasiel - is a true Man!!!
Dinner was AWESOME!
Stayed for 3 nights - would come back - BIG TIME!
AWESOME AWESOME good best great the place to be good food around area shopping everything you want airport wonderful people and staff

Room Tip: Be kind & west side
1 Thank Jose W
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your "Awesome" review. I will be sure to share your comments with Andrew, Maria, Brenda, and Jasiel.
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your dinner in Cane Fire Grill.

Thank you for staying with us and we will see you on your next visit to Miami.

David Cesario

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
  • Polish first
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I cannot tell you how professional, courteous and ACCOMODATING the staff are at this property! The room and facilities are immaculate and the location to the airport is great- free shuttle and then you can access public transp. to get to South Beach in about 20 minutes or Downtown on the metrorail in about 20 minutes- the same train takes you to Coconut Grove and Dadeland Mall all under 45 minutes.

Everyone beteween Ira and his fellow bartenders, to Sandra a lively hostess and all of the front desk staff make you feel like a welcomed friend and a valued guest. I

Room Tip: Higher up- nice view.
1 Thank jjalmodo
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to hear about the great experience you had at our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad you were able to take advantage of our free shuttle and experience Miami's Downtown, South Beach and Dadeland Mall.
I will be sure to share your comments with Ira and Sandra.

Thank you for staying with us.

Glasgow UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

We picked this hotel for an overnight on our trip. We were travelling Glasgow (Scotland) to Heathrow, Heathrow to Miami and we wanted an overnight before picking up a hire car and driving down to the keys. From long experience of airport hotels, we were not expecting much but actually it was very pleasant and I'd recommend it wholeheartedly. The courtesy bus was no problem and the reception staff were welcoming and friendly. The airline had kindly left our luggage behind in London, but the staff were very sympathetic and provided razors, shaving cream and the like. Our room was spacious, clean and quiet, with a good bed. We had a light snack at the health club bar which was all we needed. Well done Marriott!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank island_timers
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We take great pride in providing friendly and efficient service. I will be sure to share you comments with the Miami Airport Marriott Team. I am glad that we were able to assist in providing the items that were left behind in your luggage by the airline.

Again thank you for the positive review and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Made reservation via Priceline because I tok a job at Miami International Airport, and have been living out of a hotel for several weeks. Sadly, when I plugged 3 stars into Priceline, instead of the usual Holiday Inn near the airport, I wound up winning Marriott at Miami Airport. When I pulled up, first thing I noticed was a parking notice, and I had to take a ticket to get to my hotel. When I checked in, I asked about the parking and was told that since I booked on Priceline, I would be charged an extra $18 a day for parking. Luckily, I have free parking at the airport, so I was able to drive my car to work and catch the Marriott school bus back to the hotel, and will have to use their bus for the remainder of the week. When I FINALLY got to my room, I opened my iPad to catch up with email, etc., and saw that for another $18 a day, I would have the "luxury" of Internet. I went to call my wife and tell her about this amazing experience with this money grubbing and price gouging place, when I saw they ALSO charge a dollar every time you use their phone - local, 800, long distance (with a card), anytime. SO, since they hadn't been upfront about their exhorbant charges when I checked in, I called the manager. He simply said that the powers above his called the shots and he couldn't help with the extra $40 a day I would have to pay for the same level of service Holiday Inn or ANY OTHER HOTEL IN THE AREA OFFERS FOR FREE. I will never stay at another Marriott as long as I live, and plan to boycott this price gouging rip-off joint to everybody at my airport including airport and airline employees. In this day and age, there is NO call for this slimy type of profiteering, and I will also let Priceline know that Trump isn't the only rip-off in Miami - Marriott charges even more than Trump Doral does with their resort fees! AVOID UNLESS YOU DON'T HAVE A CHOICE!!!

Room Tip: Stay at a Holiday Inn, Hyatt, or Hilton. You will not like what this place tries to do to get into y...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MarkPeebles
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We appreciate our customer feedback as this is the best way to gauge the level of service we are providing.
I understand your concerns regarding our pricing for the services we provide. All hotel information may not always be listed on a 3rd party website. When booking directly through Marriott.com, all hotel information, including pricing for services, is clearly communicated. Our parking is listed at $17/day and our internet fee is listed at $14.95/day. Full service hotels, such as ours, do typically charge a fee for these services. Our hotel is part of a "campus" which includes a Courtyard and Residence Inn, that cater to different needs and may not charge for certain services such as internet.

Again I thank you for your review and for staying with us.

Willemstad, null, Netherlands Antilles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

I love when you step into a hotel and the person behind the counter genuinely is willing to help you achieve a good stay. they will also help you get a futurte reservation for the best price. I left a slipper in my room and they send an email notifying me that they found my slippers. Wow

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review on your recent stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and genuine care.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I liked this hotel. It is only a few minutes from the airport and the shuttle runs (free!) every 15 minutes. Drivers were very courteous. The property is on a Marriott "campus" of sorts with a gated entrance for security. The hotel was built a while ago, but the lobby has been updated to sort of modern funky. The staff were extremely courteous and upgraded us to the concierge level (free continental breakfast). The room was standard, clean and comfortable. Flat-screen TV had been added. We had a flight the next day, so we spent the remainder of the afternoon lounging at the pool and it was a throwback to the 50s, with an old style pool and swaying palm trees, clean water, just a nice, relaxing vibe. Noise from airport outside, of course, but that's the price of convenience. There was a restaurant and bar on site (nice bartender). We chose to eat offsite and walked to an old-school Cuban restaurant about a 1/2 mile away. For the price and location, I would definitely stay at this hotel again on a layover at MIA.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Taraehd
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments about our hotel and for taking the time to review us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay; I appreciate your positive comments regarding our shuttle, location and amenities.
We will see you again soon on your next visit to Miami.

Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I used priceline and was given this hotel for a four night stay this past weekend. At first I was upset because out of all of the hotels in the area, priceline had to stick me with one that had self-parking rates for approximately $15.00/day. I couldn't change to another hotel since it was priceline so I vowed to just suck it up.

Fortunately, I didn't have to.

As soon as I pulled up to the front desk, a valet parking attendant greeted me and assisted me with getting the best possible rate on parking at the hotel. While it was not free, it was a big savings from $15.00/day. He directed me to this website http://www.cheapairportparking.org/ and fortunately, the marriott is listed as one. He told me to print it, and then give him the receipt to which he then gave me a ticket to use to park for the entirety of my trip. I then showed my receipt to the receptionist at the front desk, and I wasn't charged any extra. The total cost of parking for 4 nights? 25.00. Compared to the 60 I thought I would have to pay, this was a pleasant surprise.

The hotel itself was tastefully appointed and while I found areas that may have been a bit dated or cramped (i.e. the bathroom), I couldn't complain because priceline gave me such a great rate. I also liked that there was a starbucks on site. I had no problems with this stay and because of that valet attendant, I found the service to be very personable. Great first impression.

Dear Guest,

It is great to hear that you were pleasantly surprised by your recent stay. We take great pride in providing great service from the moment you drive in.
Thank you for taking the time to review us and we hope to see you again soon.