“Fine Airport Hotel”

Miami Airport Marriott
Ranked #51 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A solid property, adequate in every way. Comfortable, clean room with a nice view of the Miami skyline. Professional staff. The food at the restaurant is quite good and the pool area is nice, especially for an airport hotel. No complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us! I am very pleased to hear that you found our hotel comfortable and clean and our staff professional.
We appreciate you taking the time to review us.
We hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

David Cesario

Write a ReviewReviews (1,360)

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My wife & I make a point of always spending our first night at this hotel when we are visiting Florida via Miami airport.
The hotel is in close proximity to the airport & runs a complimentary shuttle service.
The hotel offers really good rates & has a decent bar & food offering for weary travellers arriving during the evening.
There is also a Hertz rental desk in the hotel lobby which means you can avoid the melee of trying to pick up a car immediately after your flight in the MIA Car Rental Centre.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our amenities and services convenient. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to Miami.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I planned to stay one night at the Miami Airport Marriott on the way to a few days in Bermuda. We didn't expect the superior service and friendly staff we found. The Marriott airport shuttle made getting to and from the hotel easy. When we arrived, members of the hotel staff were greeting guests with little mint flavored drinks - our first Mojitos. The front desk clerk was welcoming, friendly and very helpful. Our room was excellent. I was concerned that airplane noise might be a factor but I didn't hear any airplane noise and had a great night sleep in a very comfortable bed. We had dinner after check in, breakfast in the club and lunch the next day. I had a great Cuban sandwich for dinner and a Marriott Burger for lunch. Both were excellent. My wife had a chicken pannini and said it was very good. We are planning another overnight at this hotel next week and look forward to it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel.
I am very pleased to hear that you found your arrival experience, our staff service, guestroom, and food & beverage excellent.

We will see you on your next stay.
Thank you for your loyalty.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I want you to know that I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Miami Airport Marriott hotel.
The accommodations are fabulous and the staff is so courteous and friendly. The shuttle bus driver was also polite and friendly. The service to and from airport was wonderful. It is a nice touch to offer water to us weary travelers. I am a platinum member so I know when I say that the Miami Marriott Airport Hotel is a favorite of mine. There is even a Starbucks (unfortunately only open from 5 am until 5 pm). I always look forward to coming to Miami and staying there.

Room Tip: I always like to have a room with a view of the Miami skyline
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a great review about your recent stay. I will ensure to share your comments about our staff and shuttle service at our next recognition reception.

Thank you for being a loyal Platinum Member,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We booked this hotel for the last two nights of our trip in Miami. We chose this hotel because it was close to the airport. Our first Challenge was getting to this hotel. we have overseen the following in our documents "For Global Positioning Systems (GPS) please use 1201 NW 42nd Avenue address for accurate directions." I think we drove past this hotel a few times before we finally found out we were using incorrect address information, so please save yourself a lot of time with that. The other challenges is relying on your GPS while taking the correct exits every time you drive back to the hotel.

The hotel has a bar, restaurant and a Starbucks. The location is quite good and quite near the airport car rental center. Entering the lobby the hotel looks quite nice. The staff is very attentive and service minded.

The carpet in the hallways to you room look a bit outdated going back to the Flower Power years. Entering the room, you will notice the hotel could use a renovation. Not minding that, the room is quite comfortable.

I didn't book the hotel with breakfast so I can't rate this for you. What I can tell is that the bar restaurant is open around the midnight hours, so If you are hungry, you can still order a drink and a bite. The Hotel charges for parking, which really sucks... There are no malls or shops in the area. I did see a few restaurants, but those are not in walking distance from the hotel.

If you are staying a night or two, this hotel is quite fine.

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you had troubles with your GPS and with finding our hotel. We do appreciate the positive comments regarding our staff, comfortable rooms and about our food and beverage options.

We hope to see you again on your next trip to Miami.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

This Marriott is in a complex of Marriott properties with very easy and convenient access to the Airport and major highways. The Upside is the Front Desk staff and in general, all of the staff. Clean rooms, clean properties. The hotel rooms are typical, nothing special. This is a pretty busy hotel being used as a jump off point for tours and I'm sure some cruising stop overs. I stayed here for over 30 days and was very pleased with the overall level of service. The restaurants are very good but level of service could be improved from a speed standpoint and from a consistency standpoint. Parking is a bit of an issue since most of the time I was there the parking system was not working. The front parking area of the hotel can also be quite busy.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is great to read about your experience at our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed the convenience of our location, our staff service, and cleanliness throughout the 30 days that you were with us.
You will be happy to hear that we are undergoing changes in our parking systems and will be pleased with the outcome. We will see you on your next visit to Miami!

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed one night, having flown from London to Miami before driving down to Key West. The hotel was not updated recently, and it felt a bit dated. Clean but not as modern as many Marriott properties. It was convenient, but not somewhere I'd stay again for the money.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
David_Cesario, General Manager at Miami Airport Marriott, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Im glad that you found our hotel clean and convenient. I hope you will visit us again for a longer stay so you may have a chance to experience more of what our hotel has to offer.