“Overnight stay!!!”

Ranked #53 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Barbados
“Overnight stay!!!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We arrived at 9pm for an overnight stay. There was an elite reward line and we were able to get into this line for fast check in service. The hotel lobby is beautiful and looks like it was recently renovated. There were plenty of computers to go online and check your emails etc. We went to the restaurant close to closing therefore had to sit a tthe bar. We got a hotel credit of $25 for the restaurant. In a way I think they give you this so that you are obligated to patronize their restaurant. Of course the meal will cost more than $25 and it was worth it. I had a grilled chicken ceasar and my husband had a grilled salmon entree. Both were really delicious. The bar men that served us was really busy servicing all the tables and getting in the last calls for the night. Overall a great meal! The room itself was stand Marriott style room spacious however with a small bathroom that looks like it could use a renovation. Hotel staff were very good before I arrived I emailed and asked for a mini fridge in the room. I received a quick response and it was there when I arrived. 5 stars for service overall. Marriott beds are always comfortable. The shuttles were frequent. Overall a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Leticia A

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We stayed at the Marriott Airport hotel for one night and were deeply impressed with the hotel! The reception were very helpful and our room was lovely. The beds were extremely comfy, the room was nicely decorated and the bathroom was spacious. There was also a large HD TV. The hotel restaurant was lovely- tasty food- maybe a tad pricey! If you choose to eat there order the chocolate cake- it made my kids and I very happy! Breakfast was nice- a bit limited, but the food was a great quality. Overall the hotel proved to be a great overnight stay.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Just stayed at this hotel from Aug 8th-12th for a wedding. The lobby area was nice, the rooms should be upgraded soon. The bathrooms are small and the tubs are old. The is VERY close to the toilet and It looked like a pee stain was on the white shower curtain. Room service food was of good quality. The service was good in the restaurants. All in all, not bad but better than the Holiday Inn.

Florida
Reviewed August 7, 2012

A decent hotel for a night or two but not even close to the Marriott hotels I have stayed for business. This time around, it was a short visit to meet family members in town but we were not very impressed. As a platinum member, I was expecting breakfast at the Concierge level but that was closed over the weekend. As a result, we had breakfast at the common restaurant. Surprisingly, the hotel just did away with breakfast for accompanying guests. At a hefty price of $19.99 + tax + tips, you are talking about $25/day in breakfast, wasn't thrilled about what I got for it. Luckily, there was a $25 hotel credit so it was a wash. For the Starbuck's lovers, there is one in the lobby just like many other Marriott locations. Furthermore, had invoicing issues at check-out related to breakfast bill, but the manager intervened and resolved in less than 10 seconds. He had the right attitude since the front desk operator had no experience with dealing with frequent fliers like us. Don't insist with customers, resolve it! The pool is nothing special, it's shared with the neighboring hotel. No free wi-fi nor parking for non Elite members, so you will end paying a hefty price when you add up all the amenities. On a positive side, the rooms are very clean and very good, they are sound proof to the flights flying in and out of the nearby hotel so we slept really well. Given the other negatives, I wouldn't give the hotel more than 3 stars!

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I spent three nights here on a business trip. It has some good and bad points but overall is above average. Bad points include the shuttle. It's alway seemed full and I ended up taking a cab to the hotel. This is likely just bad timing on my part. I ate one night at the restaurant. It was ok, but any chain restaurant would be as good with better pricing. Enough with the bad, now for the good. My room was quiet. No airplane noise. I was on the ground floor tucked away in a short wing of rooms just off the lobby. My room was large. My co-worker did note he heard the planes, but he was on the 6th floor facing the airport. The C lounge was a bit small, but service was good. The location of the hotel was good for my business needs. I would recommend something closer to the water if you are on vacation. Overall the whole Marriott campus was well maintained. I didn't get over to the other hotels on this trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the executive business wing rooms 140 -150
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Refurbished hotel with a free shuttle to Miami International Airport.

The hotel has a nice bar area and restaurant that stays open late.

Solid option near Miami International Airport.

The rooms are fairly small and hotel stays very busy.

Room Tip: Their our two towers. I would recommend a room on the Concierge level
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 1 night on July, 2012 prior to leaving on a cruise. Since my flight did not arrive until after 5:00 pm, I wasn't interested in paying for a South Beach hotel. This hotel fit the bill nicely. There is a free shuttle to the hotel which was easy to find and took about 5 minutes to get to the hotel. The staff at check-in were very nice and helpful. I had dinner at the Champions Sports Bar across the courtyard and the food/prices were good. The lobby and all the common areas were very clean.

For me, the bed is what made this hotel great. I believe they have memory foam type mattresses and lots of pillows in different levels of firmness. This particular room was a "Pure" room which includes an air filter machine to help with allergen, etc. Although the air filter made a slightly loud buzzing noise, it served as a "white noise" for me and helped me to sleep even better.

I had breakfast at the Starbucks in the lobby and took advantage of the $11 shuttle to the port.

All in all, I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo