“Amazing Peruvian Food in a new downtown Miami”
Review of CVI.CHE 105

CVI.CHE 105
Reserve with OpenTable
CVI.CHE 105 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 4,395 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: CVI.CHE 105 is a nine-year award-winning Peruvian restaurant located in the cosmopolitan city of Miami. Known for their vast selection of creative and unique ceviches, amongst several other traditional dishes, CVI.CHE 105 has risen to represent Peruvian gastronomy in one of the most important destinations in the United States, conquering the most demanding palates locally and nationwide.
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Pros - the FOOD! Not just ceviche, but the fried fish, grilled meats and rice platters were all outstanding. The menu was overwhelming, so our waiter suggested 3 family style platters - great idea.
Cons - the area - still has homeless beggars hanging out in front asking for money in Spanish and English. The NOISE! Do not come here to have a romantic dinner or quiet conversation. Sad to day, but I would not return here just for the noise level despite the amazing food.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,457)

Reviewed January 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Ceviche 105 two years ago and I was so sick!!! that I never returned until last month when a friend invited us to have dinner there again. We gave it a try thinking that it was better but it got WORST!!!
People are you crazy!!!
There is better restaurants in Miami PLEASE!!! WITH PERUVIAN FOOD.

Reviewed January 9, 2014

This was one of my most awaited restaurant visits on this trip to Miami. I read all the good things and was very excited to check it out.

Where to begin?

Let's start with the dining area. Let me be blunt. If you come here, be advised you will be dining in a Cafeteria setting. Concrete floors, formica walls, plastic chairs, plastic laminated menus, etc, etc. Now if I am going to eat Ceviche in a cafeteria, it better be like a hospital cafeteria…in that way I mean, surgically clean. This was not the case at Ceviche 105. Dust on the walls, stains on the benches, an air conditioning unit that leaked on me in the men's restroom, etc. The

Secondly, this place is loud…I mean LOUD! When we exited to get the car at the valet, I felt as if I had just left a rock concert. Half way through the meal my wife and I stopped talking because we could not hear one another.

The tables are entirely too close to one another. I got the menu, but really didn't need it because we were so close to the other patrons that we could almost taste each menu offering.

This was an ugly crowd…more akin to a visit to Burger King than a visit to a hip and highly rated restaurant. In Miami at least you can count on some interesting people watching. Not the case here.

The service was good, although our server was a little too glib for my taste. However he did make good recommendations and was attentive. He was knowledgeable about the menu.

We had the 4 ceviche sampling plate. A good suggestion for those who want to get a good sample of what the establishment has to offer. The ceviche was OK, not great. You can get far better ceviche at two restaurants close by: River Oyster House and Jaguar Ceviche Spoon Bar. Just so we are clear…I have been to Lima and I have had excellent ceviche.

The sangria and passion fruit-pisco martini were the only real highlights.

Ceviche 105 was the biggest disappointment on this trip to Miami…by far. This Juan Chipoco has proven to me that he is an exceptional marketer and not much of a restaurateur. He could learn a lesson from John Kunkel of 50 Eggs who is an exceptional marketer, but an even better manager of service businesses.

Was this helpful? Please let me know.

6  Thank Knownews
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Right in the heart of Downtown Miami. The service is excellent, great variety menú of genuine peruvian taste. Love everything from the octopus, variety of ceviche, lomo saltado and the white sangria. Each time I try to have something different and love it. I assure you won't regreat visiting this restaurant.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

good ceviche lots of choices, the sampler are good with nice presentation,better to take out because the noise are way way to much,very bad insonorisation.
Will not return ,I was there lunch time maybe to busy ?? Service not great,hectic ambiance,maybe the young peoples will appreciate.
Over loud place,cannot talk at all,one of the most loud restaurant I went to.
They should try to do something about the wall in cement and open space the conversations bounce and make that loud noise,unbearable.

1  Thank MarieChantal75