“Pushy waiting staff”
Review of CVI.CHE 105

CVI.CHE 105
Reserve with OpenTable
CVI.CHE 105 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 4,189 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: CVI.CHE 105 is a seven-year award-winning Peruvian restaurant located in the cosmopolitan city of Miami. Known for their vast selection of creative and unique ceviches, among several other traditional dishes, CVI.CHE 105 has risen to represent Peruvian gastronomy in one of the most important destinations in the United States, conquering the most demanding palates locally and nationwide.
“Pushy waiting staff”
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

The best way to describe Ceviche 105 is "EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTING". So the place is not much to the eye, the decor is simplistic and the tables and chairs are pic-nic like. The waiting staff is badly trained and not interested in much of anything other than upselling which becomes terribly annoying. And finally, the food. I have visited ceviche restaurants in many countries but I have never been as disappointed as I was with Ceviche 105. The quality and freshness of the ingredients is below par. The presentation is colorless, unsophisticated and boring. The flavors are overpowering and badly mixed. Avoid Ceviche 105, it's just an expensive bad fast food place.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
“It's ok, glad it wasn't my money”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Went on a business dinner. The wait staff is well trained in upselling, and I ended up ordering way to much food - which I couldn't take with me because I was visiting from out of town.
I wasn't really that impressed with the Ceviche or the Tamales. It was all ok, but nothing I would get really excited about. And I wouldn't go and wait a long time for a table.
Just not my cup of tea.

• Visited August 2013
“Excellent!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Great food! We had sharing style platters (a group of 20 people), lots of choice! Cocktails were really good, and the service was also excellent.
Only negative element was it seemed quite small and we were squashed into a corner, but I'd definitely be going back on my next visit to Miami!

Visited July 2013
como
“Nice place for peruvian cuisine”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

If you're looking for a place which offers dishes from Peru, this is the right place.
You'll find not only their typical recipes and food, but also their spontaneity, their habits to talk all together and be very noisy, the colors of their traditions.
The building is pretty distant to all of this, and it's modern, clean, huge and lacks in personality, but is embellished with many colorful objects of the peruvian culture.
The contrast between the white walls, the white tables, the white chairs, and their traditional pieces of art is the only a bit disturbing thing of the restaurant.
The food portions are enormous, but delicious.
We tried their typical potatoes and octopus (patty) and it was spicy and tasty.
The Choclito is only big corn and cheese, so a bit disappointing.
I asked for fish and vegetables without sauces, and I was given a wonderful Corvin Miraflores, as you can see in the pictures.
My friend ordered the more elaborated Salmon Taco, which had to be a more complex fish dish, and in my friend's opinion was a bit too spicy but very good.
We appreciated

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank lucoh99
LOS ANGELES
“BUSY! BUSY! BUSY!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

No lie, this place is extremely busy and it was like 3pm....BUT I have had better Peruvian food in LA. The food was alright. The service not so much, I asked 3 different people for Aji, waited my whole meal and still no one brought it over. My waitress didn't even offer dessert.

Visited August 2013